5 star QB George MacIntyre commits to Tennessee!

What if Nico stays 2 or more years, is he willing to wait? Will they compete for the starting job? I like getting a 5 star anything, just wonder if it's filling a seat we already have filled. I can't imagine a 5 star qb waiting 2 years to play in todays environment ---hope I'm wrong
If Nico is half the QB we all think he is, he'll be gone after 2025 and George will be starting for us as a redshirt freshman. That's not having to wait all that long. Very few QB's start as true freshman.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
What if Nico stays 2 or more years, is he willing to wait? Will they compete for the starting job? I like getting a 5 star anything, just wonder if it's filling a seat we already have filled. I can't imagine a 5 star qb waiting 2 years to play in todays environment ---hope I'm wrong
It's a good problem to have to deal with.

I'll Boom once we get him here. The way CFB is now. I'll just take a wait and see.
Still in the mean time it's a big commit. GBO
Wonder how hard it's going to be to keep 3 high rated QB's on the team basically a year apart from each other
It all depends on how good our pocket presents are :cool:

Not exactly sure if I'm right on this, but if he becomes our starting quarterback, will that be the first time we've had a starting QB whos actually a Tennessee boy since Kelly?

Reactions: IndianaVol
Not exactly sure if I'm right on this, but if he becomes our starting quarterback, will that be the first time we've had a starting QB whos actually a Tennessee boy since Kelly?
Crompton would be much more recent

Yea, Crompton was a Carolina kid. Can't remember his name, but we signed a QB out of West Tennessee years ago.
I think we did sign a QB from West TN - was it Mauer, or McBride, maybe Scruggs...I'm getting old and can't recall the guys that didn't play much.

Hope we keep Merklinger. Thereā€™s gonna be some competition in the QB spot!
I would think ideal scenario is this:
'24 - Nico as So., Merk as Fr.
'25 - Nico as Jr., Merk as So., McEntyre as Fr.
'26 - Merk as Jr., McEntyre as So.
'27 - McEntyre as Jr., next 5 star as So.

This rolls all your stud QBs onto the bench one year, starting one year, off to the league the final year.
Where the wrench gets inserted is if Nico or Merklinger stick it out as Seniors...then McEntyre isn't likely sitting the pine for 2 yrs and he bolts.

I would think ideal scenario is this:
'24 - Nico as So., Merk as Fr.
'25 - Nico as Jr., Merk as So., McEntyre as Fr.
'26 - Merk as Jr., McEntyre as So.
'27 - McEntyre as Jr., next 5 star as So.

This rolls all your stud QBs onto the bench one year, starting one year, off to the league the final year.
Where the wrench gets inserted is if Nico or Merklinger stick it out as Seniors...then McEntyre isn't likely sitting the pine for 2 yrs and he bolts.
That I like! So rarely turns out the way weā€™d likeā€¦esp in todayā€™s climate.

Reactions: IndianaVol
I'll Boom once we get him here. The way CFB is now. I'll just take a wait and see.
Still in the mean time it's a big commit. GBO
Wonder how hard it's going to be to keep 3 high rated QB's on the team basically a year apart from each other
This kid isn't going anywhere. His blood runs orange. Watch this video. "It wasn't a decision, it was a calling." Chills

Nah heā€™s scrawny. Give him 3 years to get meat on his bonesā€¦.
At least 2 years. He is strong, but really thin and likely subject to injury playing an SEC schedule. Also, I don't know how much he has technique he received from his HS Quarterback coach. In two years he should be able to grow leaps and bounds in his physical and QB knowledge.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Todd Helton. Technically Joey Matthews and (I believe) BJ Coleman started. Matthews career was a nanosecond.

VN Store

Back