6 points I gathered today

Other_Guy

foolishFool
The offensive line still puzzles me at how they can't dominate the run game when all starters are in, but they turned it on and did pretty good... but this wasn't SEC play. I'm nervous but think they will be okay.

Worley needs more time. CBJ thinks he's the best QB and I trust him-for now. He did better in the 2nd half. Let's wait until next week to make the coaches decision to change.

Really disappointed CBJ allows that absolutely retarded punt formation.

On defense, despite giving up more big chunk yardage, it was against a good RB and this defense plays disciplined with good tackling and like they know what they're doing. HUGE for us wondering if this unit is really as bad as last year.

Chavis 2.0? Why is the backs playing so far back? At least there wasn't anyone really beat much. However I can't understand why the middle was open. Big play defense. Pick your poison.

Palardy could end up being POY for UT.

Last edited:
Punt Formation...

They forgot that they had to block.......... not just STAND there.

Reactions: 1 person
Palardy has been an excellent punter since last year. He'll make an NFL roster at some point. I still hold my breath on his place kicking, but how many 50+ yard bombs does he need before people start giving him credit for punting?

Reactions: 4 people
Agree with you OP on DBs playing back. I saw the same thing. I will say however it seemed this was one of the half time adjustments made. They seemed to play closer in 2nd half.

Worley wasn't the issue, it was the playcalling. Worley doesn't have the accuracy to throw deep down the field, the moment our offense stopped forcing him to make those throws, we were successful.

Worley needs playcalls that are tailored to his strengths. Short slants, screens, dump passes. All of those were more prevalent in the second half and that is why Worley was more successful.

Palardy has been an excellent punter since last year. He'll make an NFL roster at some point. I still hold my breath on his place kicking, but how many 50+ yard bombs does he need before people start giving him credit for punting?

Yea, you can definitely tell CBJ and staff have really bestowed some serious confidence in Palardy. He's booming almost all his punts 45+ yards, and he has done a great job on kickoffs. I'm more then pleased with his progression from last year.

Last edited:
I saw fight today. I was glad. When western fought back and we made mistakes. The defense didn't fold and we made adjustments and fought harder. I was very proud of our boys today. They gave their all for Tennessee today.

Reactions: 10 people
Worley wasn't the issue, it was the playcalling. Worley doesn't have the accuracy to throw deep down the field, the moment our offense stopped forcing him to make those throws, we were successful.

Worley needs playcalls that are tailored to his strengths. Short slants, screens, dump passes. All of those were more prevalent in the second half and that is why Worley was more successful.

Keep in mind Worley did hit North and Johnson over the top. Not necessarily pretty but got it done and will give Ds something to think about in cheating up.

MAKE A NFL ROSTER.:eek:lol:

so who the hell cares if Worley can? Throw 7 yard passes and COMPLETE THEM. That's how you win football games. If you need four yards, throw a freakin' 5 yard pass to Croom--a big target--not a 30-yard pass that goes incomplete because he dropped it. He's inexperienced--all the more reason to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Alabama keeps it simple on offense--the pound and they throw short. A well executed short passing game is a HUGE asset.

Punt Formation...

They forgot that they had to block.......... not just STAND there.

As I saw it, Palardy is too close to the three up-blockers by the time he actually punts it. The guy who blocked it just just jumped and put his hand up and blocked it. The three blockers need to be closer to the line of scrimmage or Palardy need to be a step deeper.

As I saw it, Palardy is too close to the three up-blockers by the time he actually punts it. The guy who blocked it just just jumped and put his hand up and blocked it. The three blockers need to be closer to the line of scrimmage or Palardy need to be a step deeper.

The guy who blocked the punt was never touched

Palardy gets that kind of yardage and it seems he never puts his whole leg behind the kick.

The guy who blocked the punt was never touched

I just checked the replay. The fellow who blocked it was on the right side of the 3 blockers. Definitely was blocked. I have been wrong before, so possibly here, but that is what it looks like.

I'd imagine that's what he'll be asked to do the next couple of weeks. He's not going to be throwing many deep fades, deep posts, deep outs I hope, just doesn't have the arm strength.... or accuracy.

Last edited:
I'd imagine that's what he'll be asked to do the next couple of weeks. He's not going to be throwing many deep fades, deep posts, deep outs I hope, just doesn't have the arm strength.... or accuracy.

i cant understand why the staff is calling those plays by the 2nd game of the season. or why they are running the option with Worley.

The DBs weren't the problem. Our linebackers couldn't cover their own shadow. Petrino attacked the linebackers all day and there was nothing they could do about it. Sutton and Coleman were outstanding today.

Worley's best pass of the day was where he hit Croom right in the hands in stride for what would have been a TD if Croom hadn't dropped it. Next play the punt is blocked and WKU scores right before the half for a 14 point swing. Can't happen next week.

so who the hell cares if Worley can? Throw 7 yard passes and COMPLETE THEM. That's how you win football games. If you need four yards, throw a freakin' 5 yard pass to Croom--a big target--not a 30-yard pass that goes incomplete because he dropped it. He's inexperienced--all the more reason to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Alabama keeps it simple on offense--the pound and they throw short. A well executed short passing game is a HUGE asset.

This. I'll take two 7 yard passes and move the chains all day over a bomb that gets dropped.

You have to have the deep ball as an aspect of your game. If they can stack the box with no fear of getting beat over the top, you will struggle in all phases. You have to be able to punish them when they give you 1v1s.

What's with Worley throwing perfect bombs that get dropped?

He's not the most accurate QB, but he's had at least 5-6 bombs at UT that were on the money and dropped.

VN Store

Back