69 days of sports boredom

I miss the early days of ESPN when there was no NFL, MLB or NBA . . . but you could get all the CFL and Austalian Rules Football you could stand.

Gerald Riggs Jr. made the Toronto Agriculturals roster so watch out for him!

Also, extremely large pictures should result in a ban.

I'll give it a shot

Never really caught a full cfl game

ESPN3 started carrying them about 3-4 years ago. I just happen to catch one on a lazy Friday night when nothing was going on. I loaded up ESPN3 just to see if anything worth anything was on and saw Toronto vs. Hamilton.

Now it's basically a yearly tradition for me. I actually get a bit excited, even though I don't root for one particular team. Partially because I know American football starts 2 months after it starts but it's actually entertaining.

I miss the early days of ESPN when there was no NFL, MLB or NBA . . . but you could get all the CFL and Austalian Rules Football you could stand.

Oh man this brings back memories. Heck I wish they would start ESPN Obscure or something to be like it used to be. Sure they still have the occasional World's Strongest Man contests and Wood Cutting but I too remember when the only main sports they had were college football and college basketball. If those 2 weren't on, there'd be no telling what you'd see. CFL, Arena Football, Aussie Rules Football, surfing, pro lacrosse, CBA basketball...if you loved obscure sports and sports leagues, it was great.

Oh man this brings back memories. Heck I wish they would start ESPN Obscure or something to be like it used to be. Sure they still have the occasional World's Strongest Man contests and Wood Cutting but I too remember when the only main sports they had were college football and college basketball. If those 2 weren't on, there'd be no telling what you'd see. CFL, Arena Football, Aussie Rules Football, surfing, pro lacrosse, CBA basketball...if you loved obscure sports and sports leagues, it was great.

And don't forget the Billiards and bowling.

Baseball is slightly above hockey & soccer. Hockey & soccer suck period but I can become slightly interested in baseball when the playoffs come around. The regular season just seems too insignificant. Can't wait until September. Guess all their is now is golf.

VN Store

Back