7’1” 240lb Uros Plavsic will be a Vol (reportedly)

bleedingTNorange

I’ve hinted at this one for about 7-10 days, nothing “official yet”, but VQ reporting that barring something unforeseen Plavsic will be a Vol and should be official sometime before too long...so figured it was thread worthy and time to discuss.

From what I have heard Tennessee is going to pursue a waiver to get him immediate eligibility, not sure if they’ll be successful but if they aren’t they are more than willing to take him and allow him to sit another year, they like his potential and well “you can’t teach size”.

Plavsic was a 4 star by 247, and is a very intriguing guy...long story short, came from Serbia to Hamilton Heights Academy in Chattanooga in August of 2017, just weeks before their season began. By September he was committed to Cleveland State as fellow Serbian (and family friend) Drazen Zlovaric was an assistant coach there. So having never played AAU ball and only appearing in a couple of games he was off the board, here’s a quote from Rivals who saw him in December of 2017...
Chatanooga (Tenn.) Hamilton Heights had their hands full with Oak Hill on Friday, but I'm still impressed with many of their players and look forward to seeing them again down the road. I really liked what I saw from seven-foot Serbian big man
Uros Plasvic. He can move, he has touch and plays with an edge. He'd be a high major target this winter but sounds to be a done deal to Cleveland State and would be a huge pickup for them.
April rolls around and Zlovaric leaves Cleveland State to take a job at Arizona State, Plavsic was right behind and quickly committed and signed with ASU.

He redshirted this past season, his freshman year, and was someone ASU fans seemed to be excited about and that folks were impressed with during viewing of practices. Zlovaric was let go by Hurley after this year and Plavsic entered his name into the transfer portal shortly after...Zlovaric is still out of a job from what I can gather but he was a graduate assistant under Barnes a couple of years ago at Tennessee so the connection was immediately there so this one made a lot of sense from the start.

Was listed at 7’1” 215lbs coming out of high school, he used his redshirt year to really fill out and is listed at 7’1” 240 lbs and looks the part at the least...

Attachments

• 60EA6F4D-522F-44D6-8868-E027E962A47F.jpeg
    60EA6F4D-522F-44D6-8868-E027E962A47F.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 38B93FA9-BB70-4405-8744-28863B1E6EAC.jpeg
    38B93FA9-BB70-4405-8744-28863B1E6EAC.jpeg
    717.2 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
It’s not ‘official’ yet, but based on what we’re hearing this week it seems like pretty much a done deal that 7-foot-0 Uros Plavsic, who just completed his freshman year at Arizona State, is going to be added as a transfer and be on campus sometime this summer. Again, this one isn’t in the books quite yet but he’ll end up a Vol barring some surprise.
Tennessee has some ties here. He attended Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga and then committed to Cleveland State, where former Tennessee graduate assistant Drazen Zlovaric was on the staff. When Zlovaric took a job at Arizona State, Plavsic followed him. Zlovaric was let go after this past season and as a result Plavsic is apparently moving on as well. He’s still something of a developmental prospect, but as the old saying goes, you can’t coach 7-feet.
-VQ

Can't find much in the way of recent video for obvious reasons. What's out there is a year or so old. Looked like a tall, thin, finess type player. I've seen 240-255. He'd need every pound of that in the SEC. Not sure he fits into the "physical/banger" type post player category. Maybe he's an adept shot blocker? At least able to alter shots? Guess if Barnes is willing to take him that's enough.

He has some muscle and girth. Seems he will get a little bigger as well. I will be very curious as to how this translates. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: feathersax
I think someone had his high school stats posted somewhere here in the basketball forum, but I can't find them now...

It was higher than that. I read it somewhere last week
I think it was actually a little lower. BTO rounded up. Someone (@calban, perhaps?) made mention of the fact that our fans "dogged Derek Reese for averaging <10ppg in HS, but we are supposed to be excited for Plavsic?" Something to that effect. Playing for Hamilton Heights helps to quell those concerns a bit since he's playing with multiple future D1 players.

I think it was actually a little lower. BTO rounded up. Someone (@calban, perhaps?) made mention of the fact that our fans "dogged Derek Reese for averaging <10ppg in HS, but we are supposed to be excited for Plavsic?" Something to that effect. Playing for Hamilton Heights helps to quell those concerns a bit since he's playing with multiple future D1 players.

This was the link that confused me. He averaged Nearly 14 the last part of the season

How a 7-foot center from Serbia ended up at Arizona State

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I'm okay with him. First TRUE center material we've seen in a while. Gives Barnes more versatility.
Kinda how I feel. Doesn't excite me, and it seems like there are better players in the 2020 class we could probably contend for, but he has the tools. The most exciting thing to me is the fact that he's 7-0 and proportionate with regards to his weight. Not rail thin and not fat and out of shape.

Reactions: feathersax
I hope he can play immediately, because if not that’s another guy who won’t contribute in 2019-2020

VN Store

Back