8/17/06Articles.. word on Williams

Well that d*%#@ clearinghouse screwed Gerald Williams again...

Tennessean:Word On Williams

Tennessean:Chavis Has Faith In New LBs

tfpOnline:Commentary:Updating Mahelona

tfpOnline:Surgery Could Knock Fellows Out Of Season

ContraCosta Times: Cal Notebook
Cal deep at LB

Contra Costa Times: Cal Beat Writer's Q&A Blog

Gainesville Sun:Gator Notebook

I'll be taking my annual dose of white sands, gulf breezes, cold beers, fresh shrimp and oysters tomorrow and next week.
I'm sure Arclight'll keep up the AM news updates.
When I return it'll be GAMEWEEK!!!!

Have a great day VolNationals!

Go Vols!!!!

Well that d*%#@ clearinghouse screwed Gerald Williams again...

That's unbelievable. So what they're saying is, if you study hard for a test and improve your score, you're going to be punished as well? It's damned if you do and damned if you don't with the NCAA.

I think that Williams needs to seek an attorney.

That's unbelievable. So what they're saying is, if you study hard for a test and improve your score, you're going to be punished as well? It's damned if you do and damned if you don't with the NCAA.

Of the multitude of things the NCAA is screwed up on, the clearinghouse has got to be at the top of the list....

"I think that Williams needs to seek an attorney"
Whaddya say Hat, wanna take a shot at the NCAA?:bash:

Damn I got to jump on this, you and I agreeing on something.

So in other words Williams needed to raise his test score but he needed to make sure he didn't raise it too high. Does the NCAA have something in writing that even says what too large of a jump is or do they just look at it from a case to case basis. Absolutely ludacris, he does need to hire an attorney and sue the hell of them.

I guess that we're still waiting on word from the test he took last week. I just hope that he performs well again and we can get this particular incarnation of the same old $&#(W@ :censored: behind us! We don't need this to get tied up in the courts...our name has been drug though the courts enough in recent years! It's ridiculous that it would even have to come that, though. Heck...I hope he ups his 23 .. he'll be competing for an academic scholarship at this rate :zeitung_lesen: . No really, it sounded like he had been doing a lot of the test prep materials..which really can help increase a score...considerably if the score was fairly low to begin with...good luck to him.

i'm trying to get out of my "sermon" type posts...i've been accused of being a bit long winded in the past....:eek:lol:

i did a google news search on ramar smith and there was a kns article with an update but I cant get it. Can anybody sum up the update?

i did a google news search on ramar smith and there was a kns article with an update but I cant get it. Can anybody sum up the update?

Tennessee is optimistic but the clearinghouse has an issue with the center where Ramar took the test in June.

Tennessee is optimistic but the clearinghouse has an issue with the center where Ramar took the test in June.
yeah, it's nothing really new...the article was dated Aug. 8th, and they were hoping to get an update from the clearing house by the end of last week, but apparently have not as of yet.

I guess that we're still waiting on word from the test he took last week. I just hope that he performs well again and we can get this particular incarnation of the same old $&#(W@ :censored: behind us! We don't need this to get tied up in the courts...our name has been drug though the courts enough in recent years! It's ridiculous that it would even have to come that, though. Heck...I hope he ups his 23 .. he'll be competing for an academic scholarship at this rate :zeitung_lesen: . No really, it sounded like he had been doing a lot of the test prep materials..which really can help increase a score...considerably if the score was fairly low to begin with...good luck to him.

Yeah, the last thing we need is for him to do better than the last time. They'll never let him in. Maybe a nice 22 will do it..:mf_surrender:

apparently he now HAS to score at least a 21....ridiculous.
That's pretty funny considering he already has. Williams is probably going to rip some heads off out of frustration if he ever does get to play.

This is absolutely a case study in why the NCAA should be ground into fine powder. I believe the criteria I have heard is that any jump of 4+ points on the ACT will probably result in the test being invalidated.

Is 21 a magic number, or you aren't allowed to drop more than 2 points below a suspicious score - such as the 23? :BANGHEAD2:

VN Store

Back