A early review of the Returnees

London Vol

So far Looking Good

I own a business and was once told that if you want to improve it “you will need to prioritize getting some new clients”. My reply was, “although new clients are important my priority should be to keep the good clients I already have as they are a known commodity and were the foundation of the success of the business. So, using this logic I think the results so far regarding Returnees has been a roaring success.

Here is my list of whom I most wished to return and in order of preference..

Cooper Mays returning – we saw last season the affect he had on the game or when he was not in the game

Keenan Pili returning – this was a huge loss for all of last season bar 30 minutes

John Campbell returning - To get the best out of Nico you first must protect his blind side

Omari Thomas returning – We are perennially have one of the best Run Defenses in the SEC and it all starts with this space eater who regularly draws double teams thus freeing up the pass rushers, say thank you James Pearce.

Javontez Spraggins ? - you don’t run for over 200 yards per game in 2023 without this guy

Bru McCoy ? – a big asset in many ways but he is lower down my list purely because we have others in the WR Unit and with Mike Matthews coming.

Gerald Mincey returning – To get the best out of Nico you must first protect his other side as well

Tyler Baron left – we have a plethora of quality DEs so he shouldn’t be missed too much

Omar Norman Lott ? – probably our best Portal addition last year and it was he who helped Thomas to clog up the middle

Jabari Small ? - sorry if he goes but its Dylan Sampson's turn to carry the rock and we have others in rotation.

Of course the Returnees are only a part of the off-season, as are the incoming Portal signees and the 2024 Class, but the first building block for an exciting 2024 season is firmly in place.

The futures bright the futures Orange

GO VOLS

So far Looking Good

I own a business and was once told that if you want to improve it “you will need to prioritize getting some new clients”. My reply was, “although new clients are important my priority should be to keep the good clients I already have as they are a known commodity and were the foundation of the success of the business. So, using this logic I think the results so far regarding Returnees has been a roaring success.

Cooper Mays returning – we saw last season the affect he had on the game or when he was not in the game

Keenan Pili returning – this was a huge loss for all of last season bar 30 minutes

John Campbell returning - To get the best out of Nico you first must protect his blind side

Omari Thomas returning – We are perennially have one of the best Run Defenses in the SEC and it all starts with this space eater who regularly draws double teams thus freeing up the pass rushers, say thank you James Pearce.

Javontez Spraggins ? - you don’t run for over 200 yards per game in 2023 without this guy

Bru McCoy ? – a big asset in many ways but he is lower down my list purely because we have others in the WR Unit and with Mike Matthews coming.

Gerald Mincey returning – To get the best out of Nico you must first protect his other side as well

Tyler Baron left – we have a plethora of quality DEs so he shouldn’t be missed too much

Omar Norman Lott ? – probably our best Portal addition last year and it was he who helped Thomas to clog up the middle

Jabari Small ? - sorry if he goes but its Dylan Sampson's turn to carry the rock and we have others in rotation.

Of course the Returnees are only a part of the off-season, as are the incoming Portal signees and the 2024 Class, but the first building block for an exciting 2024 season is firmly in place.

GO VOLS
Bru has to be in the top 3. He is a beast, don't have many of those.

So far Looking Good

GO VOLS
I suspect regression more next year. Josh has gotten as far as he will

So far Looking Good

GO VOLS
Awesome thread.

I've been hoping someone would do something like this. I agree with most of your order. I would put Pili in 5th, behind Mays, Campbell, Thomas and Spraggins. Mincey, Bru, Nomar-Lott, and maybe Baron (I really wouldn't miss him as much as the other 8) would round out my top 9. They're all impact players that the offense / defense will benefit greatly from, especially Nico. Our offensive line has the potential to be the best in the country.

Last edited:
Mark my words. Wont win sec anytime soon. May be like 7 years or so before we are top 3
Once they shut down the football program, they will never win the SEC again.

I hope they tear down Neyland and plant a nice sod farm.

It's hopeless for Tennessee. Just hopeless. Give up now while you still have some money left!

So far Looking Good

GO VOLS
You don’t mention Slaughter and the other departing DB’s. Did you forget them or were you just being kind. lol

Reactions: VOLnBama01
Awesome thread.

I've been hoping someone would do something like this. I agree with most of your order. I would put Pili in 5th, behind Mays, Campbell, Thomas and Spraggins. Mincey, Bru, Nomar-Lott, and maybe Baron (I really wouldn't miss him as much as the other 8) would round out my top 9. They're all impact players that the offense / defense will benefit greatly from, especially Nico. Our offensive line has the potential to be the best in the country.
Thank you for your kind words. You make good points, my thoughts of importance for Pili was the lack of alternatives other than Herring who was severely exposed at times

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Thank you for your kind words. You make good points, my thoughts of importance for Pili was the lack of alternatives other than Herring who was severely exposed at times
I'd also like to add Simmons to my list. I'd put him at 7th.

*We have 8-9 seniors that if we get them all back, then we should have a real shot at playing for a SEC Championship. Next year is setting up to be very special.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'd also like to add Simmons to my list. I'd put him at 7th.

*We have 8-9 seniors that if we get them all back, then we should have a real shot at playing for a SEC Championship. Next year is setting up to be very special.

Simmons was another that nearly made my top 10, as I think he has perhaps as much upside any of the others and I wouldn't be surprised if he took the SEC by storm one year.

My concern is only a few weeks ago damn near everybody on the forum didn't want nico playing cause he'd get killed behind this line and now they're praising it? It's nice to see for depth. Truth is, they were going undrafted or very late round. Better have a few nfl guys on both sides if you expect to be dominant.

Reactions: turdherder11

giphy.gif

Agree. I'm thinking UT probably should just shut the program down and focus on other sports.

Where do these people come from?
One of the useful clues to deciphering a troll is to look when he joined us here, then compare that to our schedule. Most trolls have short attention spans, and tend to go looking for troll opportunities within the week prior to the game against our Vols.

This troll joined Vol Nation.com on the 16th of November. We played Georgia on the 18th of November.

So he is most likely a dawg fan who doesn't have the guts to show up in his actual colors, but rather prefers to skulk around pretending to be one of us.

In other words, he's as useful and attractive as a wart on a pig's butt.

So from now on, when you see "TridadJames" just think, "wart on pig's butt."

Heh.

---break/break---

Nice commentary as usual, London, thanks for it!

Go Vols!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back