A Few Bold Predictions For The WKU Game

skasper06

So many news articles about sports are titled "X Bold predictions for ...." I figured I'd give it a shot.

1. Our offense will be tested early and the Vols will only be up by 10 points at most by half-time.

2. Antonio Andrews (RB for WKU) will have a solid game. 100+ yards rushing and 2 TD's.

3. Marquez North breaks out against the WKU secondary hauling in 8+ catches, 100+ yards receiving and 2 TDs.

4. The second half will be the AJ Johnson show on defense and he will make multiple big plays for UT.

5. Worley goes untouched in the backfield the entire game.

6. WKU completely shuts down Marlin Lane but Raijon Neal keeps the running game relevant.

7. Petrino runs at least one trick play on special teams and succeeds figuring he has to take some risks if he wants to beat us in Neyland.

8. Our defense forces at least 4 turnovers.

9. Coach Butch Jones calls in the Beast at least once on offense.

10. Palardy doesn't miss a PAT or FG the whole game.

11. The Hilltoppers make it a battle, but UT wins 27-17

Reactions: 1 person
WKU has four turnovers and we only win by ten points? I find that hard to believe.

Why? You expect us to convert for a TD on every turnover? Our offense isn't near what it was last year and WKU, while still a fly, is bigger than the gnat that is/was Austin Peay.

We win, but if I was a betting man, I'd take WKU and the points.

1- Vols up by 17-25 pts by half. OL trucks WKU's front 7 and at least one big play in the passing game.

2- Vols will clog the middle and push the LOS back forcing Andrews to run laterally. He finishes the day with 60 yards or less and less than 4 ypc.

3- Pig shows out. Otherwise passes are distributed. We will see the throws to RB's we did not see last week.

4- AJ should have a huge game. Maggitt does something special at some point that greatly impacts the game.

5- Worley stays clean and does not run the ball more than twice by design.

6- UT's top two RB's combine for more than 200 yds. OL gets a late hit penalty for "finishing their block" past the whistle in response to Jones' criticism.

7- Petrino pulls out everything he knows as he auditions to get out of WKU.

8- The battle is over relatively early. UT 35-10.

Reactions: 5 people
Why? You expect us to convert for a TD on every turnover? Our offense isn't near what it was last year and WKU, while still a fly, is bigger than the gnat that is/was Austin Peay.

We win, but if I was a betting man, I'd take WKU and the points.

If our offensive line can run block and pass block like they are capable of, then we win by more than ten points. Plain and simple. :good!:

so many news articles about sports are titled "x bold predictions for ...." i figured i'd give it a shot.

1. Our offense will be tested early and the vols will only be up by 10 points at most by half-time.

-- disagree, ut up by 17 at the half. We will pound the rock fairly easily against wku. Linebacker's technique for wku plays way too high. They're gonna get blown away.

2. Antonio andrews (rb for wku) will have a solid game. 100+ yards rushing and 2 td's.
-- nah. Maggitt will be back, he'll have an okay day (ish), but doubt he'll break 100. 0 tds.

3. Marquez north breaks out against the wku secondary hauling in 8+ catches, 100+ yards receiving and 2 tds.
--hurd that. If worley leads him a little more last week on couple of plays, would have done it against ap.

4. The second half will be the aj johnson show on defense and he will make multiple big plays for ut.
--first half, but yeah. Look for aj on offense if we're in goal line situation. Beast package.

--he should. Our line shouldn't give up a sack to this team.

6. Wku completely shuts down marlin lane but raijon neal keeps the running game relevant.
Nah, they'll have all they want with our oline.

7. Petrino runs at least one trick play on special teams and succeeds figuring he has to take some risks if he wants to beat us in neyland.
--we're too disciplined for that to work, although he might try.

--i can dig it.

9. Coach butch jones calls in the beast at least once on offense.
--(see my answer to #4)

10. Palardy doesn't miss a pat or fg the whole game.
--one of the best things i saw last week.

11. The hilltoppers make it a battle, but ut wins 27-17
--vols all day, 42-0

go vols!

I was thinking we would win in the 10-17 point margin range. But as the game gets closer my optimism has me hoping that a BOLD prediction of us trouncing WKU by 30+ points isn't out of the realm of possibility. So to be bold, we will win by 31 and all of the sudden the UT/Oregon game will attract a lot of national attention.

#3 will be a problem IF Worley can't hit his receivers in stride. Hope he has corrected that this week in practice. Looks like he needs more arm strength to get the ball there.

Let me get this straight. We force 4 turnovers, Worley is untouched, Neal has a solid outing, and North has over 100 yards and 2 td's, yet we only score 27 points. Got it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
I was thinking we would win in the 10-17 point margin range. But as the game gets closer my optimism has me hoping that a BOLD prediction of us trouncing WKU by 30+ points isn't out of the realm of possibility. So to be bold, we will win by 31 and all of the sudden the UT/Oregon game will attract a lot of national attention.

I really think Virginia makes the game with Oregon more interesting than anyone expects this weekend (current spread is 23). That combined with UT's big win over WKU could make it interesting.

As far as reality though, my biggest concern is not Oregon's QB or 'Black Mamba.' Instead it's their DB's. Unless Worley can keep their DB's and LB's honest by establishing a passing attack, it's gonna get dense in the box and our OL can't block 9 guys.

So many news articles about sports are titled "X Bold predictions for ...." I figured I'd give it a shot.

1. Our offense will be tested early and the Vols will only be up by 10 points at most by half-time.

2. Antonio Andrews (RB for WKU) will have a solid game. 100+ yards rushing and 2 TD's.

3. Marquez North breaks out against the WKU secondary hauling in 8+ catches, 100+ yards receiving and 2 TDs.

4. The second half will be the AJ Johnson show on defense and he will make multiple big plays for UT.

6. WKU completely shuts down Marlin Lane but Raijon Neal keeps the running game relevant.

7. Petrino runs at least one trick play on special teams and succeeds figuring he has to take some risks if he wants to beat us in Neyland.

9. Coach Butch Jones calls in the Beast at least once on offense.

10. Palardy doesn't miss a PAT or FG the whole game.

11. The Hilltoppers make it a battle, but UT wins 27-17

Not that bold, IMO.

We will rush for 300+ and Worley will dink and dunk his way to a 23-29, 200yrd, 3 TD game.
WKU will score 14 by half and be within 10 but we hold them to 3 points in the second half while running it down their throats.
Final 38-17 Vols.
Maggit will get 2 sacks while AJ forces a fumble.
Randolph gets a pick and brings it a few yards from a score.
McNeil will literally kill someone over the middle. (Not literally)
Butch Jones will give us a Tiger-esk Fist pump and I will smile for 7 consecutive minutes following.

I think we win in an ugly high scoring game like 37-31 and we take it. It's a line of scrimmage game and I fully expect Big Dan to be a difference maker. He's a one man pocket pusher. I don't think WKU can match our physicality on either side of the ball--our O line should be able to wear them down. I just wonder how much Butch will be aggressive with the pass against a pretty experienced WKU secondary. I know a lot of people give Petrino his props---and rightfully so he's won a lot of ball games but even at Arkansas he got his his lunch handed to him by the upper-tier in the conference (Saban, Miles) by his teams getting punched in the mouth. In this case, he doesn't even have the same quality of personnel on this WKU team (although Taggert left him good players) but still won't be able to hang with us physically. We'll wear them out. Kentucky was a good win for them but this is the type of game where the program can show we're on the right track. I think CBJ will have the guys prepared---all the player comments show they aren't going to take WKU for granted.

1- Vols up by 17-25 pts by half. OL trucks WKU's front 7 and at least one big play in the passing game.

2- Vols will clog the middle and push the LOS back forcing Andrews to run laterally. He finishes the day with 60 yards or less and less than 4 ypc.

3- Pig shows out. Otherwise passes are distributed. We will see the throws to RB's we did not see last week.

4- AJ should have a huge game. Maggitt does something special at some point that greatly impacts the game.

5- Worley stays clean and does not run the ball more than twice by design.

6- UT's top two RB's combine for more than 200 yds. OL gets a late hit penalty for "finishing their block" past the whistle in response to Jones' criticism.

7- Petrino pulls out everything he knows as he auditions to get out of WKU.

8- The battle is over relatively early. UT 35-10.

:eek:hmy:

Ok who are you and what have you done with the real SJT?

VN Store

Back