A Few Bold Predictions For The WKU Game

I predict that people are funny for thinking our defense can't stop WKU because Petrino is their coach. Unless he's feeding them horse steroids or our defense is actually worse than last year (which it is soooo not), then they won't be scoring over 17 in this game.

I predict that people are funny for thinking our defense can't stop WKU because Petrino is their coach. Unless he's feeding them horse steroids or our defense is actually worse than last year (which it is soooo not), then they won't be scoring over 17 in this game.

Petrino's play-calling is pretty aggressive---and I would say or defense has some holes in coverage.

Cam Sutton has a pick, Neal runs for 150, Worley throws for 250 and three scores, defense shows they are much better than people think, and we win 42-10.

Reactions: 3 people
Lane will get at least 115 on the ground. We won't get four turnovers - maybe two, tops.
Vols by 21+ pts.
Our return game will likely cause at field position struggles early in the game and that , combined with power running game, will shorten the game and keep the final score lower than most people think.

Why? You expect us to convert for a TD on every turnover? Our offense isn't near what it was last year and WKU, while still a fly, is bigger than the gnat that is/was Austin Peay.

We win, but if I was a betting man, I'd take WKU and the points.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you a bit. I feel like WKU is getting far too much love and UT not enough. UT rang up 42 points in the first half against Peay when the starters where in. Yes, they are I-AA, and yes they are a bad I-AA team. But I can tell you from experience that even bad I-AA teams field pretty decent athletes. It's not like UT was playing a high school team whether people might be saying that or not. I think UT covers the spread and probably wins by as much as 20 points. :peace2:

So many news articles about sports are titled "X Bold predictions for ...." I figured I'd give it a shot.

1. Our offense will be tested early and the Vols will only be up by 10 points at most by half-time.

2. Antonio Andrews (RB for WKU) will have a solid game. 100+ yards rushing and 2 TD's.

3. Marquez North breaks out against the WKU secondary hauling in 8+ catches, 100+ yards receiving and 2 TDs.

4. The second half will be the AJ Johnson show on defense and he will make multiple big plays for UT.

5. Worley goes untouched in the backfield the entire game.

6. WKU completely shuts down Marlin Lane but Raijon Neal keeps the running game relevant.

7. Petrino runs at least one trick play on special teams and succeeds figuring he has to take some risks if he wants to beat us in Neyland.

8. Our defense forces at least 4 turnovers.

9. Coach Butch Jones calls in the Beast at least once on offense.

10. Palardy doesn't miss a PAT or FG the whole game.

11. The Hilltoppers make it a battle, but UT wins 27-17
are defense will not give up a hundred yards rushing in the game.

I predict this game will be about like the Cincinnatti game a few years back. That one was also a popular pick for a UT loss at Neyland. Im reading a lot of "Petrino's a great coach and the talent gap isn't all that far apart". Butch's bearcat team had roughly similar talent disparities as will WKU.

As far as coaching, Butch has yet to prove himself at the SEC level but i doubt anyone will disagree that Cincinnati had the vastly superior coaching advantage over the vols with Dooley roaming (lost in the wild) the sidelines.

So my first post could be a wrong prediction. I feel confident about it.

I predict this game will be about like the Cincinnatti game a few years back. That one was also a popular pick for a UT loss at Neyland. Im reading a lot of "Petrino's a great coach and the talent gap isn't all that far apart". Butch's bearcat team had roughly similar talent disparities as will WKU.

As far as coaching, Butch has yet to prove himself at the SEC level but i doubt anyone will disagree that Cincinnati had the vastly superior coaching advantage over the vols with Dooley roaming (lost in the wild) the sidelines.

So my first post could be a wrong prediction. I feel confident about it.

I lived in Charleston SC for 19 years! Sorry you have to deal with gamehen fans! They are terrible. GO VOLS!

I lived in Charleston SC for 19 years! Sorry you have to deal with gamehen fans! They are terrible. GO VOLS!

Indeed. Oddly enough I see plenty of UT stickers, flags, ect.. all over. Even a local bar plays all TN games every Sat. I live next to a cop who has a Clemson flag on his porch. Needless to say Ive got the real orange flag flying high.

I was thinking we would win in the 10-17 point margin range. But as the game gets closer my optimism has me hoping that a BOLD prediction of us trouncing WKU by 30+ points isn't out of the realm of possibility. So to be bold, we will win by 31 and all of the sudden the UT/Oregon game will attract a lot of national attention.

Off by 1 point, but I still win!

VN Store

Back