A few Questions for Butch

northknoxvol

Senior Member (BFL)
1. Why do we run the read option with a slow (no threat to run) qb?

2. Why do you continue to play said qb who continues to miss open receivers?

3. Are you butt hurt this morning?

Reactions: 2 people
My question would be why did we come into this game with a plan of trying to pass so much with a QB who is almost as bad as Crompton was? I was really expecting a 'run it down their throat' plan that would have played more to whatever strength we have and eat up time and try to keep our defense off the field.

Reactions: 3 people
First of all, we went to Oregon carrying a knife to a gun fight. Secondly, we got so behind in points, guess we had to pass to try and catch up. I remind myself that turning a program around is not a right angle turn, but rather a slow curve.

My question would be addressed to Hamilton or Hart: "Why do you buy out UNC game but not Oregon game?"

My question would be why did we come into this game with a plan of trying to pass so much with a QB who is almost as bad as Crompton was? I was really expecting a 'run it down their throat' plan that would have played more to whatever strength we have and eat up time and try to keep our defense off the field.

We threw it 29 times and ran it 38.

Reactions: 1 person
First of all, we went to Oregon carrying a knife to a gun fight. Secondly, we got so behind in points, guess we had to pass to try and catch up. I remind myself that turning a program around is not a right angle turn, but rather a slow curve.

The slow curve you speak of is looking like it has a never ending bend.

I wonder if Butch will continue to force his read option on this team that literally cannot do it? Should be entertaining!

For the first time since his being hired; I find myself doubting. Bajakian's offensive gameplan was awful and Jones refused to deviate from it till it was too late. Our O-line under achieved against a smaller foe, Worley looked like a deer in headlights and is unable to make all the throws, and Neal is afraid of contact like always. I hope for all our sanity Jones and co. decide to take the lumps from starting Peterman and any other back we have over Neal.

1. Why do we run the read option with a slow (no threat to run) qb?

2. Why do you continue to play said qb who continues to miss open receivers?

3. Are you butt hurt this morning?

Florida is going to key on our RBs all day long. Worley's arm doesn't exactly strike fear in our opponents.

The question I would like to ask is why do you go against all wisdom and try to hurry up and out quick a team that thrives on getting as many possessions as possible.

The blue print was to slow down, use the play clock and limit the possessions of OR.

VN Store

Back