A few Questions for Butch

Because he "clearly" isn't as intelligent as you are and we need another coaching change that way no one with an ounce of integrity would ever coach here

My point exactly!!!! We have to see them to evaluate! Put them in the darn game and see if they can play cause Worley cannot!

Has it occurred to you that, maybe just maybe, they've watched them in practice and have reached the conclusion that as of now Worley is the best option?

Practice and game situations are 2 totally different.....some guys are gamers!

Don't you have to start by giving them meaningful reps in practice? I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming Worley and Peterson are getting all the practice reps. I can't imagine a coach learning a lot from throwing one of those guys on the field in a bad situation against Oregon.

It's clear though, we are going to have to improve at the position one way or another. And I do believe in "gamers", within reason.

Reactions: 1 person
I want to see them play and will not accept practice as a legitimate argument to continue to play someone who cannot complete a pass! Oh and he cannot run either which makes the read option a waste of time!

I want to see them play and will not accept practice as a legitimate argument to continue to play someone who cannot complete a pass! Oh and he cannot run either which makes the read option a waste of time!

Then you are completely clueless.

I have never in my 45 years of watching football heard of a coach starting any player who isn't or wasn't completely prepared in practice. If you can't do it in practice then you sure as hell aren't going to perform in a game.

Reactions: 2 people
I was asking the same thing about running the read option with Worley in game 1.

Butch Jones knows a lot more about football than I do, so I really do wonder what he thinks we're going to achieve running the read option with Worley.

I was asking the same thing about running the read option with Worley in game 1.

Butch Jones knows a lot more about football than I do, so I really do wonder what he thinks we're going to achieve running the read option with Worley.

I posted this earlier . . . I don't think it's a necessity to have a running QB to run read option. Just have to have a QB that can give the illusion that he could pull the ball out so the DE stays home and can throw it well enough to hold the LBs to make sure the ball doesn't get pulled out to throw a play action pass.

I'd like to ask him why he goes by Butch. Why didn't he pick a tougher sounding name like Spike?

I agree that Oregon is not the time to throw the true freshman out there........seems like AP or WKU were good opportunities though. We have to find some playmakers on offense. It is just frustrating right now! I am not calling for Butch Jones head. I support Butch Jones and the Vols! GO VOLS!

I posted this earlier . . . I don't think it's a necessity to have a running QB to run read option. Just have to have a QB that can give the illusion that he could pull the ball out so the DE stays home and can throw it well enough to hold the LBs to make sure the ball doesn't get pulled out to throw a play action pass.

It is when said QB cant throw it either.

It seemed to work for a couple of possessions after that Oregon played the hand off and shut us completely down.

You can be adequate with with 2 of the 3 options in this offense. Your dead in the water with just one.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back