A little Memphis/Chattanooga action on ESPN2...

The guy who ahould be able to provide perimeter shooting, Doneal Mack, is playing so horrendously in every other facet of the game that he can't stay on the floor long enough to get any rythm.

A step in the right direction.

This Memphis team is in desperate need of a point guard. Evans has shown flashes of the hype he came with, but made some terrible decisions yesterday. Picked up 3 quick fouls in the first half on charges, I think he finished with 4 fouls and all 4 were from charges. It will be interesting to see how they come together this year. They are really going to have to shoot alot better this year, b/c they are weak down low. Teams know this and have been packing it in on them daring them to shoot, which seems to work(even though Memphis is 3-0) given the poor shooting they've exhibited thus far.

Either Memphis isn't nearly as good as expected or Chattanooga is really good. They are picked to win the SoCon...but still alot closer than I ever expected.

Actually they were just picked to win their sub-division. Davidson was the overall pick to win the conference bid.

Socon's website reports UTC captured 17 of 20 first place votes for the north division. I cannot find anything saying they picked either one to win the whole thing, just the picks on the division. I personally put UTC ahead of Davidson. Not to mention if they make it to the Socon championship, it will be at UTC this year. Chattanooga and Davidson Tabbed Preseason Favorites - SoConSports.com—Official Web Site of The Southern Conference

Last edited:
I am surprised.

Thought he should have been more of a difference maker last year and definitely should have been against UMass.

What tournament did you watch last year? Taggart had double digit points against MSU, Mich. St., and played well vs. Texas and UCLA.

Either Memphis isn't nearly as good as expected or Chattanooga is really good. They are picked to win the SoCon...but still alot closer than I ever expected.

Close games are not unheard of in CBB. Check the scores in the UT-MTSU game and the OU-Gardner-Webb game. Last time I checked, they don't ask how just how many.

What tournament did you watch last year? Taggart had double digit points against MSU, Mich. St., and played well vs. Texas and UCLA.
I watched none of them. I don't watch basketball.

Taggart has proven to be an unstoppable force in the articles I read about the game.

VN Store

Back