A New Curse?

So you need a chicken, a honeycomb, dram of bama tears and a bag of laughter......this should undue the hex

I need some advice from those better-versed in jinxes, curses, and all manner of commonplace voodoo and tomfoolery.

Two years ago, I made a bet with a friend of mine who’s a Bammer (I know, I know, make better friends). He bet that Stetson Bennett would go in the first four rounds of the 2023 NFL Draft; I bet that he would go 5th or later, if at all. I was feeling pretty confident. Then the freaking Rams took the little goober late in the fourth.

The conditions of our bet were this; the winner would choose a piece of gear sporting their team’s insignia (ballcap, t-shirt, whatever) for the loser to purchase and wear on a game day of the winner’s choosing, the TSIO excluded as that would be too cruel a fate for either of us to risk.

I didn’t like it, but I was ready to take my lumps. The thing is…he’s never followed through on “collecting” the terms of the bet. Since the terms specified that the winner choose a piece of apparel, I figure the ball is in his court.

Here’s my question, though: by leaving this bet effectively unresolved, have I allowed my Bammer friend to put a mojo on us? What if we are unable to beat the Gumps again until I hold up my end of the bargain?

Where’s Witch Doctor when you need him…
Double or nothing...bring in the facepaint.

VN Store

Back