A new way to run up fuel costs.

One more thing to consider... demographics. I bet that once the few Baby Boomers that were left driving before last year got a taste of more home life, it probably accelerated their retirement plans. So the demographic gap is also being revealed because you have more of the older drivers leaving and fewer people in the generations behind them entering the field.

Last edited:
One more thing to consider... demographics. I bet hat once the few Baby Boomers that were left driving before last year got a taste of more home life, it probably accelerated their retirement plans. So the demographic gap is also being revealed because you have more of the older drivers leaving and fewer people in the generations behind them entering the field.
If my two kids are any indication (daughter is 23 and son is 21 and neither drives yet), fewer people in the generations after us will be driving period. This shortage of truck drivers could become a serious drag on our economy.

Scary stuff. I stay away from oversized loads and any swift trucks. Seen way too many fatalities with truckers.

What drives me nuts is people that can't manage to get their butts around a truck - especially when it's raining. Just go and get around, you can't see in the spray and the chances are the truckers can't see you well either. The probability of two things running into each other depends a whole lot on proximity - like things that are close on the road seem to be attracted to each other. I've had a lot of discussions with a car in front of me that won't get around the truck - unfortunately they can't hear the "either pass or get back behind the truck and stay out of my way."

What drives me nuts is people that can't manage to get their butts around a truck - especially when it's raining. Just go and get around, you can't see in the spray and the chances are the truckers can't see you well either. The probability of two things running into each other depends a whole lot on proximity - like things that are close on the road seem to be attracted to each other. I've had a lot of discussions with a car in front of me that won't get around the truck - unfortunately they can't hear the "either pass or get back behind the truck and stay out of my way."
I usually pass them. The quicker the better.

VN Store

Back