A Possible Path If Bowl Ban

runthrutheT

It doesn't alleviate every angle and no playoffs would suck, but if there were a postseason ban, UT should sponsor it's own bowl. Invite another high-level team with sanctions (im sure there will be some), live stream it, play it at Neyland at night, open up TBA and LNS as overflow venues. Would sell all 3 out, make tons of money, stick it to the NCAA. Or go back to Bristol for a neutral site. When people like the NCAA do stupid things, the common man revolts and charts a new path. This could be a real option. At the end of the day, the kids want to play and get paid. Pay them and go play elsewhere if they force your hand.

There will not be any bowl ban, punishment or anything coming from this issue to hinder Tennessee athletics. The US Supreme Court issued a ruling on Monday against the NCAA in the most harsh terms. 9-0 ruling in this politically charged landscape. I must say again... "F around and find out." The NCAA is in serious "find out" mode due to F'ing with the WRONG folks.

It doesn't alleviate every angle and no playoffs would suck, but if there were a postseason ban, UT should sponsor it's own bowl. Invite another high-level team with sanctions (im sure there will be some), live stream it, play it at Neyland at night, open up TBA and LNS as overflow venues. Would sell all 3 out, make tons of money, stick it to the NCAA. Or go back to Bristol for a neutral site. When people like the NCAA do stupid things, the common man revolts and charts a new path. This could be a real option. At the end of the day, the kids want to play and get paid. Pay them and go play elsewhere if they force your hand.
Man just read the room.

tH you talking about?

Won't come to that.Don't stress.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Who is it sanctioned by?
The FCS is the highest division in college football to hold a playoff tournament sanctioned by the NCAA to determine its champion, as the College Football Playoff currently used by the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) is not NCAA-sanctioned.... The NCAA does not sanction a yearly championship event. As such, it is sometimes unofficially referred to as a "mythical national championship".

Reactions: cgrish
The CFP made it a point that it’s an entirely separate entity than the NCAA when it came to speculation that Michigan would receive a bowl ban this past season. I’m not worried about this.
Your post made me think… one question though, the two tie in games to the NC are (officially) bowl games. Would the NCAA have a say in who plays in them?

A hurricane will form in the Atlantic, but until it does, I don't start looking for one much less prepping for it.

Bowl bans are not legal in Tennessee. They affect NIL opportunities that are protected by Tennessee state law. The AG informed the NCAA that their rules do not supercede Tennessee state laws before the last penalties were announced.
That means Tennessee is relegated to Music City and Liberty Bowl. Anything outside TN is verboten.

I have someone close to me going through an unfortunate and difficult divorce. It has become pretty apparent that her only interest from the start was financial and that she planned to divorce him from the very start and take whatever she could. Part of her "plan" seems to be to call witnesses to show he's somehow been "mean" to her- claiming some kind of emotional abuse though she is prone to screaming fits whenever she's contradicted. She really doesn't seem to understand that by pushing that angle she's inviting him to do the same AND putting her witnesses under oath required to tell about her too.

The NCAA is doing much the same thing. She's a narcissist obsessed with getting and maintaining control over him. They're completely freaked out at the idea of losing power that they DO NOT DESERVE over the institutions... and oblivious to the fact that every inch they push further only puts their existence in greater doubt.

We're not going to get a bowl ban. The NCAA is going to lose the PRO hearing.

I have someone close to me going through an unfortunate and difficult divorce. It has become pretty apparent that her only interest from the start was financial and that she planned to divorce him from the very start and take whatever she could. Part of her "plan" seems to be to call witnesses to show he's somehow been "mean" to her- claiming some kind of emotional abuse though she is prone to screaming fits whenever she's contradicted. She really doesn't seem to understand that by pushing that angle she's inviting him to do the same AND putting her witnesses under oath required to tell about her too.
so, he married my ex? I nicknamed her MadDog.

lol. There is not gonna be a bowl ban. lol

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan

The NCAA is doing much the same thing. She's a narcissist obsessed with getting and maintaining control over him. They're completely freaked out at the idea of losing power that they DO NOT DESERVE over the institutions... and oblivious to the fact that every inch they push further only puts their existence in greater doubt.
It will be interesting when the AG subpoenaes the NCAA’s emails and everyone gets to see just how hard Saban fought paying players.

Now, if you think the NCAA will allow this, you’re delusional. They won’t let this get that far.

It will also be interesting how involved the Georgia president is. They have far too much to lose to let this get that far.

I don’t understand how the NCAA has any legislation over the college football postseason. Division 1 postseason football is completely separate.

VN Store

Back