A rumor. WALMART cyber attack.

agVOL90

Have no idea if this is true but maybe someone else has heard.

First of all I loathe Walmart. That said, they are sadly a critical link in much of our nation's distribution of junk and such.

Heard that 4 of their east coast distribution centers have been the target of a cyber attack and are shut down completely.

Anyone else heard anything regarding this?

Last edited:
Yeah, but teamed up with Sears and JC Penney, they are a powerful sales Juggernaut trio. BTW I miss SS Kresge stores.
And to think Sears was so far ahead of the time with their catalogs. Like a pre Amazon Amazon

I worked at their warehouse and they could repair anything. Those were some living wage jobs

We ship a lot to their DCs for multiple customers and I haven't seen anything.

Yeah, but teamed up with Sears and JC Penney, they are a powerful sales Juggernaut trio. BTW I miss SS Kresge stores.
Sears purchased KMart a long time ago, and Sears filed for bankruptcy years ago. The former primary shareholder for Sears started a new legal entity that he used to purchase certain assets and liabilities of Sears Holding Company from the bankruptcy court. He is slowly closing all the Sears and KMart stores, and he's selling the underlying properties to a REIT that he formed. He's then repackaging the properties and leasing them to new companies. Sears & KMart have almost no remaining retail footprint.

Reactions: wmcovol and tbwhhs
Sears purchased KMart a long time ago, and Sears filed for bankruptcy years ago. The former primary shareholder for Sears started a new legal entity that he used to purchase certain assets and liabilities of Sears Holding Company from the bankruptcy court. He is slowly closing all the Sears and KMart stores, and he's selling the underlying properties to a REIT that he formed. He's then repackaging the properties and leasing them to new companies. Sears & KMart have almost no remaining retail footprint.
Yeah I knew that.

And to think Sears was so far ahead of the time with their catalogs. Like a pre Amazon Amazon

I worked at their warehouse and they could repair anything. Those were some living wage jobs

There was a Business Blaze (Youtube channel) about why Sears was stupid and missed out on the Internet age.

Basically, they had the infrastructure to bury Amazon before they made it past being a garage book depository. But since they wouldn't (or didn't) go e-commerce, they died a slow death.

There was a Business Blaze (Youtube channel) about why Sears was stupid and missed out on the Internet age.

Basically, they had the infrastructure to bury Amazon before they made it past being a garage book depository. But since they wouldn't (or didn't) go e-commerce, they died a slow death.

Right. They diversified into non core business like Dean Witter, where my Mom worked, and one of those insurance companies, ie Hartford? Just like GE, get away form core to diversify to keep up with the Dow Joneses. Now non existent or a shadow of their former selves.

When I worked there during college, my Mom's TV went out. I walked upstairs to the Warranty Call Center, ordered an extended warranty for $99. The manager said I better not see you bring that in anytime soon. Snuck it in the backdoor the next day and got a new PicTube...lol
My Uncle, RIP, was a Chief Petty Officer and retired at 45 or so and repaired appliances for a living. Man could repair anything.

Haven't heard anything else to support it. Probably just a nothing burger.

I grew up in the Ben Franklin world. My dad owned 2 stores at one point before Walmart put him out of business

Reactions: Orangeburst
If wouldn’t shock me at all if true. Most on here would be stunned of all the businesses that suffer Cyber attacks. And it’s everyone. No one is safe. Universities, hospitals, municipalities, construction companies, logistics companies, trucking companies, manufacturers, and these are the ones I know of personally.

Reactions: Vol423

VN Store

Back