Aaron Murray breaks down Nico's game 1

Really good breakdown. The throw to Brazzell (7 minute mark) was thrown with amazing anticipation. He’s got such a good base/platform when he throws. Room to improve with a few reads but that’ll come with experience. To break the school record for passing yards in a half in your first 🏡 start is pretty special.

Always nice to get film break down from QBs who have a better understanding of play designs/read progressions/etc. Murray of course being the former Georgia star QB that owns several SEC records, clearly knows a lot about the position.

Yeah when I realized he was THAT Aaron Murray he got my attention. He said that Nico is more talented than he is and that's high praise coming from the likes of Murray.

Lots of praise for Nico staying calm and not forcing plays. In essence, being a successful QB is as much between the ears as it is between the sidelines.
This has been proven over and over through the years, but people still get hung up on "measurables" with quarterbacks. That may matter in the NFL but in CFB, I'll take a guy with B+ measurables and A+ between the ears any day. Really exciting news if Nico has both, it's a rarity. Murray knows what he is talking about though. He tried to warn us about Pruitt.

Really good breakdown. The throw to Brazzell (7 minute mark) was thrown with amazing anticipation. He’s got such a good base/platform when he throws. Room to improve with a few reads but that’ll come with experience. To break the school record for passing yards in a half in your first 🏡 start is pretty special.
Maybe I'm being a Nico homer but did it seem like Brazzell turned his head around too early in the route slowing him down?

This has been proven over and over through the years, but people still get hung up on "measurables" with quarterbacks. That may matter in the NFL but in CFB, I'll take a guy with B+ measurables and A+ between the ears any day. Really exciting news if Nico has both, it's a rarity. Murray knows what he is talking about though. He tried to warn us about Pruitt.

Make no mistake about it…Nico has both. I’m very excited about these two years with him. And, no, I don’t expect more than that. He’ll be playing on Sundays.

Make no mistake about it…Nico has both. I’m very excited about these two years with him. And, no, I don’t expect more than that. He’ll be playing on Sundays.
I've been stoked about Nico since he committed. Nevertheless, in Kenny Roger's vernacular not only is the dealing not done yet, we have just sat down at the table. Not gonna count my money just yet.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and EZE
Lots of praise for Nico staying calm and not forcing plays. In essence, being a successful QB is as much between the ears as it is between the sidelines.
I will say the Miami QB Cam Ward is the coolest calmest QB I've witnessed in college football, Nico has it too just a little younger. I feel Miami is the best in the ACC. Ward played his first 2 years at Incardinate Word and 2 at Washington State in his 5th year and Nico has all of this confidence as a RS Freshman.

Last edited:
I will say the Miami QB Cam Ward is the coolest calmest QB I've witnessed in college football, Nico has it too just a little younger. I feel Miami is the best in the ACC. Ward played his first 2 years at Incardinate Word and 2 at Washington State in his 5th year and Nico has all of this confidence at a RS Freshman.
only thing w/ ward is his sidearm passes,d-line should have got their hands up.could have knocked down half his passes. He is good though.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Maybe I'm being a Nico homer but did it seem like Brazzell turned his head around too early in the route slowing him down?
I mean in reality hitting a guy 70 yards down field is a very tough thing to do Nico was off by a yard or 2 whether that’s him or Brazzell it’s still tough… he made it look so easy all game that we are shocked when in reality passes that long are like 30% plays in college and the pros lol… either way Nico showed everything I thought he would… and the scary part is there is still room for improvement and he rarely had to improvise which is one of his strongest abilities…

He's good, but Aaron Murray is no god. For starters, his YouTube channel only has 18K subs and God has way more than that.
Nico isn't God either, which is what I was saying. Murray isn't a Vol, so it is humorous in how you read my post. Not an insult, but even typing this it makes me laugh. Thanks, because I was pizzed off just moments before about something. Your reply put me in a better, and more sensible mood.

Nico isn't God either, which is what I was saying. Murray isn't a Vol, so it is humorous in how you read my post. Not an insult, but even typing this it makes me laugh. Thanks, because I was pizzed off just moments before about something. Your reply put me in a better, and more sensible mood.
Lol, if you didn't laugh then I failed miserably. It should be obvious this is a joke but I forget who reads these posts.

I mean in reality hitting a guy 70 yards down field is a very tough thing to do Nico was off by a yard or 2 whether that’s him or Brazzell it’s still tough… he made it look so easy all game that we are shocked when in reality passes that long are like 30% plays in college and the pros lol… either way Nico showed everything I thought he would… and the scary part is there is still room for improvement and he rarely had to improvise which is one of his strongest abilities…
Just knowing he is capable of uncorking one like that at anytime for basically a 50/50 chance of a completion will make opposing Defensive Coordinators’ have to make some very tough decisions

The throw to Brazzell is chilling if you’re an opposing DC.

VN Store

Back