Abortion: Help/Clinics

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
My wife's woman doctor also works in a clinic to help teens with their pregnancies.

If a teen is considering abortion a doctor will show the girl the baby’s heart beat.

Between 65-70% of the time the girl reconsiders.

Is this good or bad?

Whether you are pro-life or pro-choice, it never hurts to have all of the information before you. My personal opinion is that as much info on the matter needs to be presented by the doctor. In any surgical procedure, doctors usually give you the pros and cons and weigh in other factors as well. I see no reason why this would be a problem.

But this post is a topic that will open a whole new world of debate.....I'm making my comment and then ducking.

How would it violate her right of choice? She still has the choice. The choice is not taken away. The medical professional provided her with more information to make her choice. That is something doctors do constantly.

I agree it only helps to have all the information available before a difficult deicsion is made, I am just curious to see if any one disagrees with showing the heart beat.

I'm Pro-life, but I think what gets missed in this debate sometimes is that even the Pro-Choicers hate abortion. This sounds to me like a Doctor who is doing his job and making sure that everyone understands the gravity of the decision they are making.

I would say it's going too far. If they showed a video of a girl getting her high school diploma and going on to college, getting a good job that makes decent money and going out with friends to the clubs etc etc..that would be inappropriate right?

I would say it's going too far. If they showed a video of a girl getting her high school diploma and going on to college, getting a good job that makes decent money and going out with friends to the clubs etc etc..that would be inappropriate right?

Yes, God forbid the girl is provided with information. It make might her realize what she is about to abort has a heartbeat.

If they showed a video of a girl getting her high school diploma and going on to college, getting a good job that makes decent money and going out with friends to the clubs etc etc..that would be inappropriate right?

Sorry my brain is wracked, so it is a bad thing to show the heart beat of the child? The analogy threw me.......

Yes, God forbid the girl is provided with information. It make might her realize what she is about to abort has a heartbeat.

Yeah, because I'm sure she thought she was giving birth to a loaf of bread or some other inanimate object before they showed her the heartbeat.

Sorry my brain is wracked, so it is a bad thing to show the heart beat of the child? The analogy threw me.......

My point was that the situation I mentioned might encourage her to get the abortion while the other tries to discourage.

I don't get the analogy. Forget your position on abortion . . .What's wrong with making sure someone is fully informed about the decision they are about to make? How is this different from any other consultation that a Doctor has with a patient before a procedure?

I don't get the analogy. Forget your position on abortion . . .What's wrong with making sure someone is fully informed about the decision they are about to make? How is this different from any other consultation that a Doctor has with a patient before a procedure?

I tried to explain it further a couple of posts up.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just kind of unnecessary tactic to curb the decision. IMO, the doctor doesn't know what kind of background the girl comes from, who the father of the baby is, if she'll be able to afford the baby etc etc..

I tried to explain it further a couple of posts up.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just kind of unnecessary tactic to curb the decision. IMO, the doctor doesn't know what kind of background the girl comes from, who the father of the baby is, if she'll be able to afford the baby etc etc..

Ah, I see what you are saying. That is definitely true.

And it's not the doctor's job to know her background, etc. It is that doctor's job to inform the patient over what is about to happen. It is their job to give all of the facts and some sound professional MEDICAL advice to the patient. The doctor's bounds are with that....the doctor is not getting paid to analyze the socio-economic background of their patient.

My problem with this analogy is that none of the things mentioned above are necessary guaranteed if the girl has the abortion nor precluded if the girl doesn't have the abortion.

On the other hand, the heartbeat is real -- it is a current fact.

My problem with this analogy is that none of the things mentioned above are necessary guaranteed if the girl has the abortion nor precluded if the girl doesn't have the abortion.

On the other hand, the heartbeat is real -- it is a current fact.

You've never heard of a girl having a baby and dropping out of high school? I thought you lived in Alabama?? :dance2:

You've never heard of a girl having a baby and dropping out of high school? I thought you lived in Alabama??

That actually brought tears to my eyes...............

Ok, back on topic......LOL!

If a teen is considering abortion a doctor will show the girl the baby’s heart beat.

Between 65-70% of the time the girl reconsiders.

Is this good or bad?
I also have no problem with giving as much info as possible. The problem I have with this situation is this; these girls already know that the fetus they are carrying, if carried to term, will be a baby. Most of them also know that the fetus has a heartbeat. Showing them the heartbeat on moniter is not giving them new information, it is nothing more than laying these young girls on a guilt trip, and that, imo, is wrong.

VN Store

Back