Addison Nichols to the portal

I get this, but he's just in his 2nd year. O-line is a position that tends to heavily favor upperclassmen. Was he really so bad that he couldn't break through in the next few years?

None of the other portal moves have surprised me, but this one does.
Me too…Maybe a $ move?

Reactions: HalfullVol
Nobody knows how they’ll pan out in college.

Just because they dominated in high school, doesn’t mean it automatically translates to the college level.

You’re pretty much taking risks on every player you recruit.
Some schools always seem to be strong upfront, we need to be recruiting lineman that have the mean streak. And ones that have frame to grow and develop. The ones that love the weight room. Slow feet are a sign of a no take. GBO

So, for you guys that pound on Tony Basilio, he said this a few weeks or so ago that this is what his sources were telling him. Said the guy just isn't getting it, kid can't play and would hit the portal. The dude does have legit sources over there on The Hill, more than most. Basilio goes out on a limb with what he believes will happen or has been told will happen...and if he's wrong, he says so.

He's just IN the portal guys....
He could still comeback out
(Nichols) had already decided to enter the portal, sources told Volquest, before getting his first career start in the regular-season finale against Vanderbilt.

I don't think he's coming back.

So far this is the one that is most concerning to me we need more quality linemen not less.
It appears that he has not lived up to expectations. If he believes h can play somewhere else, then he should move on. I had high expectations, but apparently it did not work out.

Reactions: EBFVOL
No disrespect to the young man. I'm sure he'll find a place and succeed. But they tried every way to find a niche for him. They badly wanted him to be C. But he never really found a place he played well.
Over the years I’ve come to realize you’re one of the more reasonable and knowledgeable posters in the football forum. Please accept my apology for all those times I gave you hell….

So, for you guys that pound on Tony Basilio, he said this a few weeks or so ago that this is what his sources were telling him. Said the guy just isn't getting it, kid can't play and would hit the portal. The dude does have legit sources over there on The Hill, more than most. Basilio goes out on a limb with what he believes will happen or has been told will happen...and if he's wrong, he says so.
He’s wrong. Doesn’t matter though. Is what it is. Kid wasn’t happy, family wasn’t happy with his playing time.

"A bunch" equals 2 dudes that I'm not sure ever took a snap or ever would have. Bama had a backup QB transfer to play an entirely different sport. Do you think they're concerned about their QB recruiting?
Did you see them play South Florida? They should definitely be concerned about their QB recruiting.

He was a Freshman, possibly true freshman. He could be a real gem after 3 years of S&C.

With that said, I wonder if he was nudged out or wanted to get a starting gig at a smaller school? Or even homesick, wanting to go back to Georgia.
GA isn't that far from Knoxville lol.

What do you consider well? Also it was Vandy.

I didn’t hear his name called for a sack or penalty. Vandy was the team in front of him. Doesn’t matter, apparently he had already made his mind up to transfer before the game.

Teams like Bama and OSU with high classes would say otherwise.
They don't bat .1000 either. Don't we have a S transfer from OSU that was highly recruited? He is still trying to find his way. Nobody truly knows how guys will pan out. If u get enough of the guys that u evaluated highly, you should hit on quite a few. Sometime u get lucky and a 2star wins u a Heisman (Bama) There is still a 100% chance that you're going to miss on some guys.

They don't bat .1000 either. Don't we have a S transfer from OSU that was highly recruited? He is still trying to find his way. Nobody truly knows how guys will pan out. If u get enough of the guys that u evaluated highly, you should hit on quite a few. Sometime u get lucky and a 2star wins u a Heisman (Bama) There is still a 100% chance that you're going to miss on some guys.
.1000 is not very good.

Reactions: igotworms

VN Store

Back