AJ Johnson coming back for senior season?

#27VFL

Ainge was quoted on radio saying he believes AJ will be back for senior season unless he is projected 1st/ early 2nd round. Never thought about it but we could have a great LB crew next yr with Maggitt, AJ as seniors and maybe Bates or another young gun. What you think?

Ill be extremely happy if he decides to stay. Wouldn't hurt to have him leading the defense his senior year.

Almost no chance barring injury or a terrible season that he returns. It would be nice but it is incredibly unlikely.

If he gets a first round grade, I would probably scratch my head if he stayed. Risks would outweigh the reward to stay at that point.

Believe I would be disappointed if AJ wasn't a projected 1st/early 2nd rounder

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and say that if he isn't projected in the 1st/2nd round, then we haven't had the most successful season.

We need him to make plays this season. If he does make plays, he goes in the first 64 picks next May.

Short of him winning a Heisman or something unbelievable happening I can't imagine him leaving early...

Next year WILL be awesome. Don't forget Jason Carr as well I hope to see him playing some this year.....we got some killer 2014 guys coming in as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELyN0Bc1iSg[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Way too early to be speculating about who might be leaving for the NFL. Ainge shouldn't be bringing that kind of stuff up on his show this early in the season. I am not surprised he doesn't know any better. AJ Johnson better concentrate on the upcoming season .

Now speculating about someone like Clowney or in the past, Peyton Manning isn't inappropriate.

We should be hoping AJ Johnson makes 1st team All SEC rather than speculating about his possible draft decision 8 months from now

Ainge was quoted on radio saying he believes AJ will be back for senior season unless he is projected 1st/ early 2nd round. Never thought about it but we could have a great LB crew next yr with Maggitt, AJ as seniors and maybe Bates or another young gun. What you think?

Isn't that pretty much the standard for every Junior in America?

I think he is correct.

Turning pro after your JR season always works out if you are projected 1st or 2nd round..
Signed
Tyler Bray, Da Rick Rogers

Sentimore... I got the shaft

Turning pro after your JR season always works out if you are projected 1st or 2nd round..
Signed
Tyler Bray, Da Rick Rogers

Sentimore... I got the shaft

"but the shaft was still more intelligent than me tho"

Hope AJ has a great season this year but like everyone else in the volnation hope he decides to stay for his senior year. If he can stay healthy for the next year or two i think Maggit ends up being drafted higher thn AJ. When healthy MAggit is the total package big body with speed that can rush the passer and make plays and lets face is as good as AJ has been for us and he has been great he isnt the fastest linebacker ive seen

VN Store

Back