AJ Johnson coming back for senior season?

If A.J. has a very good season with no injuries, I doubt he'll be back for 2014, regardless of what Ainge has to say.

Bray wasn't projected in the first 2 rounds.

True, although there were extenuating circumstances. I'm just saying that seems like a pretty generic comment from Ainge. I'm not sure he has any particular insight on this.

My observations are the NFL drafts more on their perceived potential than on college performance. How fast AJ can run, etc probably has more to do with his draft status than how many tackles he has this season.

Short of him winning a Heisman or something unbelievable happening I can't imagine him leaving early...

Next year WILL be awesome. Don't forget Jason Carr as well I hope to see him playing some this year.....we got some killer 2014 guys coming in as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELyN0Bc1iSg[/youtube]
Jason Carr came out of Memphis and went to Whitestation in Highschool... He was also 6'5 280 coming out of highschool not 6'3 180..... I believe you have the wrong highlight tape son!!!

AJ has not shown the speed or coverage ability to play at the next level to this point - the NFL is a passing league and this is not his strong suit

he gets a lot of tackles but hasnt shown consistency in making big plays

at this point i don't see any way a NFL GM is drafting him in the 1st round

he was the best player on a bad team and so racked up a lot of tackles - that is basically about it

Hope AJ has a great season this year but like everyone else in the volnation hope he decides to stay for his senior year. If he can stay healthy for the next year or two i think Maggit ends up being drafted higher thn AJ. When healthy MAggit is the total package big body with speed that can rush the passer and make plays and lets face is as good as AJ has been for us and he has been great he isnt the fastest linebacker ive seen

I totally agree, Maggitt is our missing piece of the Defense puzzle, he does it all. Played with a turf toe, which is like playing on 1 foot with no lateral movement. But after saying this I hope to have both back for 2014 :) but I'm not sure we keep either.

AJ recording all those tackles last year was a double edge sword for such a great defense.

Jason Carr came out of Memphis and went to Whitestation in Highschool... He was also 6'5 280 coming out of highschool not 6'3 180..... I believe you have the wrong highlight tape son!!!

Well I'll be ******...lol You are correct. Huh. Well I wasn't the only one, to make the mistake I grabbed the clip from another vol online.

I'm interested in his pursuit speed. Last year at times he appeared slow of foot.

True, although there were extenuating circumstances. I'm just saying that seems like a pretty generic comment from Ainge. I'm not sure he has any particular insight on this.

I might get flamed for this, but here's my honest opinion on why Bray left early....he wouldn't have ran all over CBJ like he did Dooley. He was spoiled by Dooley and as soon as he seen we were getting a coach with some brass, he tucked tail and headed to the NFL, no matter the outcome.

I might get flamed for this, but here's my honest opinion on why Bray left early....he wouldn't have ran all over CBJ like he did Dooley. He was spoiled by Dooley and as soon as he seen we were getting a coach with some brass, he tucked tail and headed to the NFL, no matter the outcome.
I think it had more to do with losing all of his receivers and learning a new system.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm gonna go ahead and say that if he isn't projected in the 1st/2nd round, then we haven't had the most successful season.

We need him to make plays this season. If he does make plays, he goes in the first 64 picks next May.

Darth, that logic makes me cringe a little concerning how many plays he made LAST season. :eek:hmy:

This is a necessary thread that provides valuable and insightful information. I would like to add another nugget: I Hurd from a former coach who would like to remain anonymous that we will not go to a bowl game unless we win at least six games in the regular season. I know right, who would have thought it? Because you provided useful information that no one would have been able to ascertain without your assistance, I felt compelled to return the favor with an equally groundbreaking proclamation.

My observations are the NFL drafts more on their perceived potential than on college performance. How fast AJ can run, etc probably has more to do with his draft status than how many tackles he has this season.

Your comments are spot on...
Brandon Spikes is slower than sap on a tree in January, but is drawing a new check in the NFL,:rock:

VN Store

Back