All too early Sooners beatdown

Volanta

Hey guys I'm a high powered booster posing as a VN poster. For years I have been watching you and feeding informaiton to the staff. You're welcome. I have the inside scopp to CJH and I throw the ole pigskin around with Nico every other day, in between me making him run wind sprints.

My question to VN is: what type of team is returning for OU next year? What is their strength? Anyone know if they have had major portal movement? Any ideas on how we beat them?

Hey guys I'm a high powered booster posing as a VN poster. For years I have been watching you and feeding informaiton to the staff. You're welcome. I have the inside scopp to CJH and I throw the ole pigskin around with Nico every other day, in between me making him run wind sprints.

My question to VN is: what type of team is returning for OU next year? What is their strength? Anyone know if they have had major portal movement? Any ideas on how we beat them?
Score more points.

Thank you for your service and financial donations!!! :D

I'll answer your questions in the order you asked them:

1. A football team.
2. To use just two metrics, they all squat between 300 and 542 pounds. They bench between 210 and 365.
3. Dunno.
4. Make Nico do more wind sprints, along with more time in the film and weight rooms.

Provided with the same transparent sincerity offered in the OP.

Go Vols!

I hope you're not feeding staff the information from here while they are roaming the sidelines. The in-game roller coaster that is VN can often be incoherent and strictly emotionally charged without any real cognitive activity occurring, while also being alcohol fueled......Simple suggestion of putting together a comprehensive summary for later, taking that summary and setting it on fire would be my ideal submission.......lmao!!!!

OU Portal activity:
Lost: 18
Nate Anderson OL
Davis Beville QB
LV Bunkley-Shelton WR
Savion Byrd OL
Dillon Gabriel QB
Kelvin Gilliam DL
DJ Graham WR
Cayden Green OL
Reggie Grimes DL
Marcus Hicks DL
Key Lawrence DB
Jason Llewellyn TE
Marcus Major Jr RB
Daeh McCullough S
Aaryn Parks OL
Blake Smith TE
Daylan Smothers RB
Tawee Walker RB

Gained: 12
Spencer Brown OL
Deion Burks WR
Sam Franklin RB
Tyler Keltner K
Jocelyn Malaska CB
Jake Roberts TE
Bauer Sharp TE
Caiden Woulard DL
Febechi Nwaiwu OL
Dezjohn Malone CB
Micheal Tarquin OL
Casey Thompson QB

Dillon Gabriel, and Key Lawrence seem to be a significant loss. Their QB Jackson Arnold did not do well in their bowl game. Hawkins (4*) and Zurbrugg (3*) join team as freshmen recruits and they add an experienced xfer with Thompson. The starting 5 OL from 2023 will be replaced. They have some concerns about DL experience and depth. Secondary was inconsistent in 2023 but they are hoping they will improve with the addition of their portal gains and a 4* recruit coming in. They feel good about TE and WR. RB room looks really good heading into 2024. But like quarterback, it’s lacking experience. That’s something Sam Franklin brings to the running back room.

UT and OU were really close in 2023 for Defense points allowed. Their offensive stats (scoring) were much better than ours.

I think we should feel really good about our chances against them next year.

Sack their QB.

Run Nico, Sampson, Seldon, and Keith.

Make them try and tackle White in open space, and try to cover Matthews deep,
Hit the TE on 3rd down.

Vols 42 Sooners 10

Okay, no one panic; I had an article on my news app that said Lance Heard has committed to Oklahoma. I thought he was signed and registered for classes. Anyone have the low down on this?

Update: I searched the internet and the story about him transferring to Oklahoma was from 2 weeks ago, and he committed to Tennessee a week ago. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Are all of our high-powered boosters as dumb as you

OU Portal activity:
Nate Anderson OL
Davis Beville QB
LV Bunkley-Shelton WR
Savion Byrd OL
Dillon Gabriel QB
Kelvin Gilliam DL
DJ Graham WR
Cayden Green OL
Reggie Grimes DL
Marcus Hicks DL
Key Lawrence DB
Jason Llewellyn TE
Marcus Major Jr RB
Daeh McCullough S
Aaryn Parks OL
Blake Smith TE
Daylan Smothers RB
Tawee Walker RB

Spencer Brown OL
Deion Burks WR
Sam Franklin RB
Tyler Keltner K
Jocelyn Malaska CB
Jake Roberts TE
Bauer Sharp TE
Caiden Woulard DL
Febechi Nwaiwu OL
Dezjohn Malone CB
Micheal Tarquin OL
Casey Thompson QB

Dillon Gabriel, and Key Lawrence seem to be a significant loss. Their QB Jackson Arnold did not do well in their bowl game. Hawkins (4*) and Zurbrugg (3*) join team as freshmen recruits and they add an experienced xfer with Thompson. The starting 5 OL from 2023 will be replaced. They have some concerns about DL experience and depth. Secondary was inconsistent in 2023 but they are hoping they will improve with the addition of their portal gains and a 4* recruit coming in. They feel good about TE and WR. RB room looks really good heading into 2024. But like quarterback, it’s lacking experience. That’s something Sam Franklin brings to the running back room.

UT and OU were really close in 2023 for Defense points allowed. Their offensive stats (scoring) were much better than ours.

This was gold! All jokes aside thanks for the comprehensive overview!

Sack their QB.

Run Nico, Sampson, Seldon, and Keith.

Make them try and tackle White in open space, and try to cover Matthews deep,
Hit the TE on 3rd down.

Vols 42 Sooners 10
You think we smack these guys by a 32 pt blowout? I’ll take it!

OU Portal activity:
Nate Anderson OL
Davis Beville QB
LV Bunkley-Shelton WR
Savion Byrd OL
Dillon Gabriel QB
Kelvin Gilliam DL
DJ Graham WR
Cayden Green OL
Reggie Grimes DL
Marcus Hicks DL
Key Lawrence DB
Jason Llewellyn TE
Marcus Major Jr RB
Daeh McCullough S
Aaryn Parks OL
Blake Smith TE
Daylan Smothers RB
Tawee Walker RB

Spencer Brown OL
Deion Burks WR
Sam Franklin RB
Tyler Keltner K
Jocelyn Malaska CB
Jake Roberts TE
Bauer Sharp TE
Caiden Woulard DL
Febechi Nwaiwu OL
Dezjohn Malone CB
Micheal Tarquin OL
Casey Thompson QB

If we played in the big12 our offensive numbers would’ve been better too. I agree, we’re gonna run a train in Norman.

Reactions: Volanta
It would be awesome to get that win in Norman next season. I like our chances mainly because of their OL issues. Glad we get them early but CJH has to figure out how to win these types of road games.

I have a feeling its not gonna be that big a mountain...Really, I'm concerned as with every game but not skeered! It's a Vols win...

GBO

Howdy Volnata!

As a trusting fellow, I certainly trust you are what you claim… a booster and enthusiast of our VOLS.

First off, please pass my best to CJH for what he’s done to bring our program back to relevancy. Certainly not an easy task as we’ve had several before him who didn’t quite have what it takes.

For your specific question, I’d simply attest it’s really just a matter of getting the new team onboard with both our team mantra of “I will give my all to Tennessee today” as well as getting the team ready to support each other… e.g. understanding and believing that all of the players and coaches “have each others backs.” Teamwork truly does make the Dream Work… outside of X’s and O’s, 2024 offers no reprise from this simple truth.

Go Big Orange

Last edited:

VN Store

Back