Alright Vol fans, can we agree that Zach Edey is the man?

He will be exposed. Huge mistake taking him early.
I guess when the Grizz couldn’t trade down to get Clingen they figured what the heck, let’s take a flyer. They’ve got plenty of wings, an all world point guard and a great power forward. What they don’t have is someone at center. Maybe he’ll surprise us but I just can’t see Edey being a success in the NBA

Don't know why all the hate for Edey. He was a tremendous competitor but a fantastic player.
You are insane! He was allowed to stay in the paint all day and push people around to score points. He will be one of the biggest busts the NBA has ever had!!! If the game vs Purdue is called fairly, Purdue doesn't play Uconn. UT plays Uconn for the Natty!!!

Memphis is not truly part of Tennessee. Memphis is basically Mississippi. I don't claim them.
No one cares about your thoughts. Memphis is part of TN like it or not. But, I hope every UT fan in TN will never attend a Grizzlies game because of ZE being allowed to push our players without fouls being called as well as being in the paint for 5-10 seconds all game long!!!

No one cares about your thoughts. Memphis is part of TN like it or not. But, I hope every UT fan in TN will never attend a Grizzlies game because of ZE being allowed to push our players without fouls being called as well as being in the paint for 5-10 seconds all game long!!!
Somehow, each sentence gets whinier than the last.

The NBA really seems to be a league of mostly 6'9 guys who can shoot the lights out while being able to run the floor. I just don't see how Edey's game translates in the NBA.

Hope he fails miserably. I will never forgive him for being a jerk to Rick Barnes in the media in post game presser. He also dropped the f bomb referring to Tennessee on TV in the post game interview on floor. If he had Yao Mings personality and character I would root for him. Unfortunately he is a bad person so bump him and will forever be Foul Ming to me.

I don't think non-Purdue fans disliked Edey personally. They simply disliked how he was officiated.

The problem taking Edey in the top-10 is that his game doesn't translate well to the modern NBA. Big men need to be able to run the floor, shoot efficiently anywhere on the court, and guard/rebound from the arch.

The even bigger problem for Edey is the fact that the NBA is about entertainment vs basketball. Edey's game is just not exciting to watch. If Edey was to find success, the NBA would take steps to limit his effectiveness and shift the game to a more exciting product (as they have consistently done over the past 2 decades at the expense of basketball). It is what it is.

I don't think non-Purdue fans disliked Edey personally. They simply disliked how he was officiated.

The problem taking Edey in the top-10 is that his game doesn't translate well to the modern NBA. Big men need to be able to run the floor, shoot efficiently anywhere on the court, and guard/rebound from the arch.

The even bigger problem for Edey is the fact that the NBA is about entertainment vs basketball. Edey's game is just not exciting to watch. If Edey was to find success, the NBA would take steps to limit his effectiveness and shift the game to a more exciting product (as they have consistently done over the past 2 decades at the expense of basketball). It is what it is.
Absolutely true. Three issues he’s going to have: One, he won’t be able to camp out for 10 seconds in the lane on offense. Two, he won’t be allowed to foul indiscriminately like he got away with in college. Three, opposing teams will target him and abuse his slow foot speed on the pick and roll. They will kill him. Other than that, he’ll be just fine.

Memphis is not truly part of Tennessee. Memphis is basically Mississippi. I don't claim them.

I went to Memphis State (but have always bled orange.) When I was down there, we used to joke that Memphis couldn’t quite figure out if it was the capital of Arkansas or Mississippi. It surely wanted nothing to do with Tennessee.

I went to Memphis State (but have always bled orange.) When I was down there, we used to joke that Memphis couldn’t quite figure out if it was the capital of Arkansas or Mississippi. It surely wanted nothing to do with Tennessee.
I like Shelby county(boo koos of Vol fans there) but Memphis is so incurablly dysfunctional with the most pathetic leadership and crime issues that continues to spiral into untenable realms. Grizzles just don’t have a ton of support.

I didn’t mind Edey until his post-game “They thought they knew us” garbage. The guy had a great game and then goes out there with some kind of nonsense about Coach Barnes disrespecting him and our team “thinking they they knew him” (whatever the trash means).

Seriously, that guy can get bent.

I didn’t mind Edey until his post-game “They thought they knew us” garbage. The guy had a great game and then goes out there with some kind of nonsense about Coach Barnes disrespecting him and our team “thinking they they knew him” (whatever the trash means).

Seriously, that guy can get bent.
He's a bad person with zero actual basketball skill that's going to be exposed.

Reactions: BisonVol

VN Store

Back