Amazon turns customers' internet into group resource without permission

AshG

Easy target
If you have any Amazon owned hardware ( Echo, Eero, Ring), you may want to find out how to turn off the Sidewalk feature. Amazon's hardware customers were opted in to the new connection-sharing program, allowing their increasingly metered connections to be used without their knowledge.

Customers can opt out.

"Own an Echo? Amazon may be helping itself to your bandwidth" Own an Echo? Amazon may be helping itself to your bandwidth

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
If you have any Amazon owned hardware ( Echo, Eero, Ring), you may want to find out how to turn off the Sidewalk feature. Amazon's hardware customers were opted in to the new connection-sharing program, allowing their increasingly metered connections to be used without their knowledge.

Customers can opt out.

"Own an Echo? Amazon may be helping itself to your bandwidth" Own an Echo? Amazon may be helping itself to your bandwidth
Amazon isn’t the only one that does this Apple implements similar technology. While we are an iPhone family we will never have any of these devices on our home the propensity for abuse is simply too high and corporate America proves at every opportunity they cannot be trusted to act with any ethics.

Amazon isn’t the only one that does this Apple implements similar technology. While we are an iPhone family we will never have any of these devices on our home the propensity for abuse is simply too high and corporate America proves at every opportunity they cannot be trusted to act with any ethics.

We have the Google nests for thermostats but that's it. No echo or apple (version of echo) allowed.

any link for info on Apple doing this or what I should search for? I have a house full of Apple

Nurse and I have both said it in posts on here before , our iPhone listen to our conversations . We have Siri turned off , our mic has to ask permission to be used in any app , but we have talked about purchasing and item ( not searching for it in any way ) and in a day or so that specific item will show up in ads on google or YouTube . It’s happened many times when we were together or apart . You can accuse me of needing a tinfoil hat if you want , I’m just telling you what has happened . Lol

any link for info on Apple doing this or what I should search for? I have a house full of Apple

I saw a Vedic on it just a couple of days ago specifically saying that it’s happening .

It’s tied to the Find Phone or find device technology. That’s all I know of where they use it. Goggle on that topic maybe? I’ll see if I can find a link.

Reactions: volinbham
Nurse and I have both said it in posts on here before , our iPhone listen to our conversations . We have Siri turned off , our mic has to ask permission to be used in any app , but we have talked about purchasing and item ( not searching for it in any way ) and in a day or so that specific item will show up in ads on google or YouTube . It’s happened many times when we were together or apart . You can accuse me of needing a tinfoil hat if you want , I’m just telling you what has happened . Lol
Any consumer electronics device with a microphone or camera will be used against you. The unethical bastards simply can’t help themselves and will abuse it every time. They all believe they are entitled to your information since you bought their device.

I think the data sharing is capped at 50MB or so but this should have been an opt in feature. Making it opt out is slimy. If the feature is so wonderful it should sell itself and people will want to opt in.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I think the data sharing is capped at 50MB or so but this should have been an opt in feature. Making it opt out is slimy. If the feature is so wonderful it should sell itself and people will want to opt in.
You owe me money for defending your COVID contraction probability statement 😎

And I think it’s actually 500MB?

Dude, no tinfoil hat needed. It's happening.

What version of iOS are you on? If you're on 14.5 or newer, you can activate their advanced tracking blocking that keeps apps from getting info from other apps. Facebook threw a fit over this feature.

It also has a feature that shows you when an app is using the camera or microphone.

It's enough that I'm considering ditching my Pixel for an iphone

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Dude, no tinfoil hat needed. It's happening.

What version of iOS are you on? If you're on 14.5 or newer, you can activate their advanced tracking blocking that keeps apps from getting info from other apps. Facebook threw a fit over this feature.

It also has a feature that shows you when an app is using the camera or microphone.

It's enough that I'm considering ditching my Pixel for an iphone

14.4 .2

To turn off, go to your Alexa app click settings, click account settings, click sidewalk, and then disable.

Reactions: Godfatha
You should also check the privacy-microphone section. Apps like FB or IG can push updates that may “accidentally” change their access to your mic or camera. Both of those apps also default to accessing your camera and mic whenever the app is running, whether it’s in the background or not. So if you’re talking about a product or restaurant and IG is running in the background they’re recording that. And of course selling the mined data to advertisers.

You should also check the privacy-microphone section. Apps like FB or IG can push updates that may “accidentally” change their access to your mic or camera. Both of those apps also default to accessing your camera and mic whenever the app is running, whether it’s in the background or not. So if you’re talking about a product or restaurant and IG is running in the background they’re recording that. And of course selling the mined data to advertisers.

It’s not bad enough the Navy flys over trying to read my browser history . Now Apple , Google , FB , YouTube , IG , Amazon , and EBay trying to get me to buy that eye scanner deadbolt lock that come with a free remote iPhone app and over the door sex swing for the “ Red Room “ . 😂

Reactions: BreatheUT
It’s not bad enough the Navy flys over trying to read my browser history . Now Apple , Google , FB , YouTube , IG , Amazon , and EBay trying to get me to buy that eye scanner deadbolt lock that come with a free remote iPhone app and over the door sex swing for the “ Red Room “ . 😂

The Navy is flying over using their super secret x-ray vision to get a look at you in your skives.

Reactions: McDad and 0nelilreb

Customers can opt out.

You had till the 8th to opt out.

The Navy is flying over using their super secret x-ray vision to get a look at you in your skives.
It’s actually the NSA and it’s satellites not airplanes you plebes.

VN Store

Back