American football in the Olympics?

College players would still finish first imo.

Heck, somebody like Alabama, LSU, USC, Texas etc. would probably finish 1st on their own against other countries. And it might not even even take top teams to win gold in football.

Maybe I'm just ignorant to other countries that play football but U.S. just seems to be so far ahead and would have a huge advantage.
i agree college kids would still finish first. But could you imagine the carnage of an all pro defense from the NFL versus say Japan (which has pro football). Maybe with college guys less people are maimed
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i agree college kids would still finish first. But could you imagine the carnage of an all pro defense from the NFL versus say Japan (which has pro football). Maybe with college guys less people are maimed

I was looking for pictures because it's not everyday you see a bunch of bulked up Asians. Couldn't find any pictures but they look like real footballs players in youtube videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXSovoe9sM[/youtube]

College players would still be bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic. They'd also have better coaching.

Not gonna lie, I just don't think about other countries playing football so it's cool seeing them look like real football players.

My first thought when you said Japan plays football was to look up pictures and see what they look like. :p

College players would still finish first imo.

Heck, somebody like Alabama, LSU, USC, Texas etc. would probably finish 1st on their own against other countries. And it might not even even take top teams to win gold in football.

Maybe I'm just ignorant to other countries that play football but U.S. just seems to be so far ahead and would have a huge advantage.
Most other developed countries do have semi-pro leagues, but that's about it. From what I hear they're about the same level as semi-pro leagues here.

I was looking for pictures because it's not everyday you see a bunch of bulked up Asians. Couldn't find any pictures but they look like real footballs players in youtube videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXSovoe9sM[/youtube]

College players would still be bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic. They'd also have better coaching.

Not gonna lie, I just don't think about other countries playing football so it's cool seeing them look like real football players.

My first thought when you said Japan plays football was to look up pictures and see what they look like. :p
I was watching CBS sports network and saw a Japanese pro team playing a team from here I think ND legends a few years ago. Thought it was cool that football was popular outside the US. They were vastly undersized then but you could tell they played real football. Always thought Sumos would make quality OLinemen. You know good hands and footwork.

The score differential would be ridiculous. Opposing players could get seriously hurt, no joke.

I just don't see how they could handle an international tournament in two weeks. Two games a week, starting a month before the rest of the Olympics?

They axed baseball and softball. Those two sports have a lot more international following and participation than american football. Good luck, Commish...

They axed baseball and softball. Those two sports have a lot more international following and participation than american football. Good luck, Commish...

Pretty sure they axed baseball because of steroids and softball by association.

And weightlifting, and swimming, and...

Pretty much all the things named are central to the Olympics. Baseball is not.

And weightlifting, and swimming, and...

Pretty much all the things named are central to the Olympics. Baseball is not.

Thus, baseball was not cut solely for 'roids, it was just a great excuse. It was cut for unbalanced competition and limited international participation in the olympic committee's judgement. Furthermore, it's not exactly a cheap venue to construct and quite an extensive tournament.

VN Store

Back