Andre Lott Cut

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 31, 2005 1:37 AM
Whats not the like about UF LIO :), its one of the top athletic U.'s in America as well as one of the best academically, its got one of the best campus', and on top of that, its got great location, who doesnt like being a short drive away from the beach, or such cities as tampa, orlando, and tallacrappy ( :) ) , as well as a long drive to miami.

Whats not to like?:)
[snapback]120008[/snapback]​

I hate the beach. All that sand. :bad: We went to Panama City on vacation 2 years ago and I saw more people dressed in UT gear than I did in Gator get-up.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 31, 2005 1:37 AM
Whats not the like about UF. . . . one of the best academically, its got one of the best campus', and on top of that, its got great location, who doesnt like being a short drive away from the beach, or such cities as tampa, orlando, and tallacrappy ( :) ) , as well as a long drive to miami.

Whats not to like?:)
[snapback]120008[/snapback]​

A couple of points:

1. I wouldn't say one of the best academically -- not bad for a state school, but ranked #50 overall by US News in a multifaceted academic scale. Not a pissing contest, and I'm NOT claiming that UT is "better" or "one of the best" (academically).

2. Having visited numerous SEC campuses, I'd rank UF's toward the lower/middle of the road. I know it's central Florida, so there's little to nothing to work with, but still. . . .no comparison to Oxford, Athens, Auburn, or The Hill.

3. Having lived in Florida for 3 years, I can truly say that Gainesville is far from a "great location." Now, it's convenient to some great locations (which you listed), but the town is, forgive me, a dump. I affectionately refer to it as "the armpit of Florida." I WILL give you that the beach can be a day trip, your drive to Ybor City is doable in an evening, and you can have a weekend in Miami without buying a plane ticket.

With the thousands of U.'s in America, I would say being in the top 50 is pretty damn good. I would consider UF one of the best, looking at how many of other colleges there are.

What do you mean UF isnt one of hte nicest? Have you ever been to it? Its greeen all over, great looking buildings, trees..etc. Ive been to several campuses as well, and Id put UF near the top, if not on top. HAvent been to Oxford though, I hear great things about it.

Where youre getting G-ville is the "armpit" of florida I dont know. I think a friend of mine told me it was voted best city to raise a family in the southeast. Its a very exciting town, one of the best college towns in America. Lots of stuff to do. Plus, one of the best education programs in the state of Florida.

VN Store

Back