Antonio Andrews- WKU

volsdeepinva

"I Play For Keeps"
Antonio Andrews Bio - Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers Official Athletic Site

"His 3,161 all-purpose yards were the most in school history and the second-highest total ever behind 1988 Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders. Andrews and Sanders are the only two players in NCAA history to eclipse 3,000 all-purpose yards in a single season."

I know there are mixed feelings on here about how this game will play out. It could be a bit tougher than expected, especially if we don't keep this guy bottled up. I hadn't heard anything about him until I was looking over their roster so I thought I would pass along. Anybody else know anything? SIAP

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure Petrino will be licking his chops finding ways to get this guy involved. I was just shocked that I hadn't seen people discussing him more around here (maybe missed it?)Those are some serious numbers he has put up.

NFL Draft - 2014 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

CBS has him as the 11th best back in this year's NFL draft cycle (right now). For comparison, Raijion Neal is considered the 24th best back in this analysis.

I think he's the real deal, based on what I've read. But WKU is going to have to find some bodies to match up with our O-Line playing a no-huddle, fast and furious offense for 4 quarters. They may score some points, but we'll wear them down in the end. They've got a lot more to worry about than we do.

I'm sure Petrino will be licking his chops finding ways to get this guy involved. I was just shocked that I hadn't seen people discussing him more around here (maybe missed it?)Those are some serious numbers he has put up.

I believe it'll be tougher than the majority does, but that schedule last year was weak sauce. Neal could have put those kind of numbers up

I'm not discrediting Andrews' season nor the WKU game this year as a whole but look at his numbers by game. He put up 28% of his rushing yards in the last 2 games of the season. His numbers against Bama (no surprise) and Kentucky are rather pedestrian... but they did come at the beginning of the year.

WKU is definitely a game that bothers me but I think UT should come out on top. We have absolute road-graders on the OL and they should just line up and ram it down WKU's throat. The longer they stay out on the field cutting up WKU's D, the better our D will play against them.

If anything, that sets the tone for this year. Our D will go as our rushing game goes.

Call me a sunshine pumper, but I think our D-line wins the battle in the trenches and our LB's will do a much better job as well this year. I expect they'll have to put the ball in the air more than they may want, and then it just depends on how well our coverage has improved. Might possibly see a couple of picks this game.

Its extremely important not to blow this game and start the season off on the wrong note

I don't think Butch will let this team overlook anyone like WKU that comes to Neyland. He knows how big of a game it'll be for teams like them going on the road to try to knock off a big time program like UT from his time at CMU and Cincy. Iirc, he won a couple of those games as the big underdog on the road at both places. Pretty sure CMU beat Mich St on the road and I know Cincy beat V Tech last year on the road.

I'm not discrediting Andrews' season nor the WKU game this year as a whole but look at his numbers by game. He put up 28% of his rushing yards in the last 2 games of the season. His numbers against Bama (no surprise) and Kentucky are rather pedestrian... but they did come at the beginning of the year.

WKU is definitely a game that bothers me but I think UT should come out on top. We have absolute road-graders on the OL and they should just line up and ram it down WKU's throat. The longer they stay out on the field cutting up WKU's D, the better our D will play against them.

If anything, that sets the tone for this year. Our D will go as our rushing game goes.

I think we'll end up pulling away. I actually like that they have some momentum from Petrino and a few weapons. It should allow us to face a little bit of early adversity which will hopefully pay off later.

Its extremely important not to blow this game and start the season off on the wrong note

I want to see UT come out and just run the ball down their throat.

Personally I want to see 200+ yards rushing. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't even throw it 25 times total.

Antonio Andrews Bio - Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers Official Athletic Site

"His 3,161 all-purpose yards were the most in school history and the second-highest total ever behind 1988 Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders. Andrews and Sanders are the only two players in NCAA history to eclipse 3,000 all-purpose yards in a single season."

I know there are mixed feelings on here about how this game will play out. It could be a bit tougher than expected, especially if we don't keep this guy bottled up. I hadn't heard anything about him until I was looking over their roster so I thought I would pass along. Anybody else know anything? SIAP

Maybe we should just go ahead and forfeit to save ourselves the humiliation. Good Gawd people!

Call me a sunshine pumper, but I think our D-line wins the battle in the trenches and our LB's will do a much better job as well this year. I expect they'll have to put the ball in the air more than they may want, and then it just depends on how well our coverage has improved. Might possibly see a couple of picks this game.

Providing we don't get decimated by injuries prior to the game. We seem cursed this way every year.

Ppl think just bc they have motorcycle bobby that they will magically be awesome. They have 2-3 good players. Hell, even Arkansas sucked bobby neckbrace's first year. And they had more talent than WKU.

Last edited:
I want to see UT come out and just run the ball down their throat.

Personally I want to see 200+ yards rushing. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't even throw it 25 times total.

I wanna see something like Alabama did to Georgia in the SECCG...

Antonio Andrews is the real deal. 2009 Mr. Football for Kentucky. He was a military kid and chose to attend Air Force out of High School.

Has enough speed and enough power to be one of the best "all around" backs in America. You might remember a guy by the name of Bobby Rainey (Baltimore Ravens) that played for WKU a couple of years ago. This guy is better. WKU has to fix a few holes on the OL and break in a new starting QB, but should be decent and 2013 expectations are to return to a bowl game.

With that being said. The Vols win by 14+. WKU has just enough talent to make it somewhat interesting. They aren't going to blow you off the field, but they definately won't let you steamroll them (except for Alabama '12 which isn't surprising).

:hi:

Petrino better bring an extra large spatula to scrape him off the field after McCullers flatens him out!

WKY brings back no DL against our veteran squad. WKY brings back 2 OL...ouch! If the game is won in the trenches, were lookin good. That and Bobby Boucher!

VN Store

Back