Antonio Andrews- WKU

That's what you took away from the OP?

Not exclusively, but it's an accumulation of nail biting and gnashing of teeth from folks worried about this game. I'm not taking anything away from the talent of this fine young athlete that the OP mentions. However, we also have a solid coaching staff and a lot of talent on our team. I think we'll be ok.

C'mon guys, we all know we're going to beat the lights out of the Hill Toppers. So what if they have Petrino? We have Butch Freaking Jones, enough said!

Last edited:
Ya all that 2 star talent they are stacked with is scary...

and OMG those lineman!!!! averaging 70lbs less then ours..

we better watch out since they have a coach that couldn't cut it in the SEC.. since he is in a different conference with less talent.. obviously he will do better now...

Reactions: 2 people
Ya all that 2 star talent they are stacked with is scary...

and OMG those lineman!!!! averaging 70lbs less then ours..

we better watch out since they have a coach that couldn't cut it in the SEC.. since he is in a different conference with less talent.. obviously he will do better now...

From what I saw, Petrino's coaching could "cut it in the SEC"...just not his moral compass.

Go Vols!!!

For the Vol Kool-Aid drinkers this game is a snap! But for the realistic Vol fans this is a trap game, and may define the rest of the season. Is WK better than Akron, Troy or Georgia State, I don't know, but would imagine they are better, which may indeed spell trouble for a Vol squad minus last years NFL playmakers.

For the Vol Kool-Aid drinkers this game is a snap! But for the realistic Vol fans this is a trap game, and may define the rest of the season. Is WK better than Akron, Troy or Georgia State, I don't know, but would imagine they are better, which may indeed spell trouble for a Vol squad minus last years NFL playmakers.

Way to completely ignore the fact that this is a totally different coaching staff.

Last year, at no point, can be used as an accurate gauge of this year. Even the OL is tenuous as they are in a completely different blocking scheme (Man vs. Zone). At least, AFAIK, UT is running a ZBS this year.

There's one player VN always worries about in these easy games. Amerson last year, trumaine Johnson for the Montana game. What was the result of those?

I think we'll beat WKU and I'm as enthusiastic about this staff as anybody. That being said, it is the preseason. Why not obsess over each game and breakdown, even lesser, opponents?

Mainly I just wanted to point out a kid who looks pretty good.

I heard that this Andrews guy is the David Amerson of tailbacks and he is gonna wipe the floor with our guys. Just wait any minute now a bunch of WKU fans will be here to tell us so. :D

Reactions: 1 person

Just bc you don't have confidence doesn't mean you are realistic and everyone else is delusional. Our guys will handle them. This staff won't let them be flat in the second game of the year in our house.

Last edited:
You cant deny the fact that anybody who puts up those kinds of numbers has talent. Keep in mind it was mostly against bad or lower competition though. UTs D line and line backers should keep him in check. I would love to see us completely shut him down but I figure he will get a ton of touches and that will ultimately lead to him putting up decent overall numbers versus us. I don't expect his YPA to be very good though.

VN Store

Back