Any chance......

Based on what I've seen, let's pray that doesn't happen. Has Peterman even thrown a pass in a game yet? All I ever see is him do is handing it off in the same ole' formation, to the same person (Summerhill).

He was 4-8 in the AP game. iirc

Good grief can people just not accept that Worley is the best we have, if he wasn't then the coach would not have him starting! Dobbs will be redshirted anyway unless the other 3 are injured.

Dammit man, I try to refrain from being a straight up a-hole on here but sometimes its so much harder than others. No matter how hard I try, this is the best I can do for now:

Yes , our 4th string QB will come in and save the day against Oregon.

Last edited:
Neither Dobbs, Peterman, nor Ferguson is going to help the receivers run the correct route or catch the ball.

Reactions: 1 person
Based on what I've seen, let's pray that doesn't happen. Has Peterman even thrown a pass in a game yet? All I ever see is him do is handing it off in the same ole' formation, to the same person (Summerhill).

It is what it is.

It was just a question. I live out in Colorado, so I do not have the insights most people have.

Thank you all for answering my questions.

It's all good OP. It's just a question that has been posed a lot on here lately, so you get the brunt of everyone's frustration. Congratulations!

Guy Dobbs isn't Tee Martin okay he isn't going to lead us to a national championships just because he's black. Why are people so obsessed with a freshman 3rd string qb. Jesus.

No, but he is going to lead us to a higher team grade point average.

Last edited:
I'd say, more like 1 in a million.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-christmas-meme-600x324.jpg

If your gonna ask this question you should read the previous 400 threads started about dobbs. Just saying

that Dobbs is brought in by games end this weekend? Worley has not looked comfortable in first 2 games this season. O Line has done well, just seems Worley holds on to the ball forever.....when he does release it is usually off his back foot or sails harmlessly behind WRs.

Since Dobbs is the scout team QB this week, I'm going with zero.

I don't think CBJ will do that because that's exactly what Dooley did with Worley (burning his redshirt)---I remember how many people got in an uproar over that one and while you can't say for sure that might be contributing to where he's at as a quarterback but it hasn't helped. Dobbs and Ferguson need to be saved development-wise and for the future. Like it or not, the two of them wouldn't give us anymore than Worley and Peterman. Throwing then to the wolves won't improve the record and in fact it could pretty much hinder them as players.

Guy Dobbs isn't Tee Martin okay he isn't going to lead us to a national championships just because he's black. Why are people so obsessed with a freshman 3rd string qb. Jesus.

Why are you obsessed with the RACE factor? No one once said that Dobbs should start because he's black. The FACT is that Joshua Dobbs is a very smart, and VERY talented human being.. I do agree that we should redshirt him, and give Justin a chance.. But to bring race into it, is racist in itself. Go Vols! And Go Worley! By the way, Peterman is not the answer.. Hes looked terrible when he has played.

that Dobbs is brought in by games end this weekend? Worley has not looked comfortable in first 2 games this season. O Line has done well, just seems Worley holds on to the ball forever.....when he does release it is usually off his back foot or sails harmlessly behind WRs.

No chance. If either of the freshmen play this week, it will be Ferguson.

OP, keep your chin up. You have to realize that this question has been batted around since summer workouts. The smart thing to do is let them develop naturally via redshirt. The year of eligibility will be far more worthwhile after they've had a chance to:

Sit a year learning the offense.
Get used to the college game speed.
Get used to the grind of balancing college life, football and personal life in their first year away from home.
Develop physically.
Etc...

They only get so many years of eligibility. Coach is using theirs as productively as possible.

OP, as a fellow Colorado Vol, I understand your disconnected feeling, but if it gets to the point where CBJ would even consider putting Dobbs in, then it's so far out of control that there's no way he'd actually do it - I just don't think you want to expose an 18 year old freshman to that kind of confidence crusher.

VN Store

Back