Anybody else having trouble with the app refreshing?

I’ll be halfway through a post, then the app just refreshes and everything I’ve typed is gone. Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?
You are using the app? I find it happens less often on iphone using the app rather than safari. From what I've been able to gather it's typically caused by phones running out of memory and thus dumping and reloading the page. It happens to me at times on a bunch of sites I frequent. I'm looking into some ideas that address the issue specifically when posting a thread.

One such option is we can have the reply window save what's typed every so often, and also include a manual save button. But that doesn't completely solve the problem and it's confused people in the past.

You are using the app? I find it happens less often on iphone using the app rather than safari. From what I've been able to gather it's typically caused by phones running out of memory and thus dumping and reloading the page. It happens to me at times on a bunch of sites I frequent. I'm looking into some ideas that address the issue specifically when posting a thread.

One such option is we can have the reply window save what's typed every so often, and also include a manual save button. But that doesn't completely solve the problem and it's confused people in the past.
Yes I’m on the app.

Thanks, freak.

@Thunder Good-Oil let me know if this helps you. I know you were having a similar issue.

Thanks.

With the auto-save enabled, I can’t bail out of a reply that I no longer want to post. I want to start over but can’t delete what I started. Tried closing VN and it’s still there.

Related, I can delete the text in replies being written, but after clicking on reply I can’t get rid of the poster originally being replied to.

Boom. But it didn’t delete it until I closed out of the thread and went back in. Confusing, but it worked. It displayed a little green dot next to the button - I guess that was to indicate that it (the abandoned post) will be removed.

I went ahead and turned back on the option to save posts as they're being typed. it's set to save every 10 seconds. Let me know if that helps or not, and we'll see how much negative feedback I get from confused posters. lol.
Where do I opt in to save posts as they're being typed?

VN Store

Back