Anybody up for some play-by-play film analysis?

I changed it. Geez.

That was pretty funny considering it really was unintentional. :)

i do not like how on play 3 worley stares at his receiver, but by the way richardson stepped by 3 steps into the pocket i think it was intended to be a quick out, and the route was not ran very well.

Zone read is primarily based on quarterbacks eyes in reading the defensive end. Once the end collapses down the line it becomes a keeper for the qb. Based off how there were a couple runs cut back by Neal I believe Worley wasnt given much leeway as to running the ball. Those were plays JW should have in theory kept the ball himself.

first and goal from the 2 and we have to pass the ball on third down to score!!!! That TURRIBLE and HURRIBLE. BTW downs is the worst blocking TE ever

Reactions: 2 people
first and goal from the 2 and we have to pass the ball on third down to score!!!! That TURRIBLE and HURRIBLE. BTW downs is the worst blocking TE ever

Downs definitely had a rough time with his blocking on occasion.

This post was too long for the forum.

I charted the formations and plays, with a few basic notes. Anyone want to chime in? Where are our zone read experts who might be able to shed some more details on some of this.

Tennessee’s Offense vs Austin Peay, play by play - VolNation Blog

First, great job and thanks!

Second, I'm pretty sure it was Croom who made the big block to spring Neal for the long TD, not North. Otherwise, spot on!

Play: Neal, R. rush for 47 yards to the APSU0, 1ST DOWN UT, TOUCHDOWN, clock 12:43.
Analysis: The backside end almost makes the tackle–should have. OL did a great job of creating a running lane. The LG (Bullard) makes a great block downfield on the LB and #18 (North) makes a solid block, accidentally blocking two defenders.

First, great job and thanks!

Second, I'm pretty sure it was Croom who made the big block to spring Neal for the long TD, not North. Otherwise, spot on!

Play: Neal, R. rush for 47 yards to the APSU0, 1ST DOWN UT, TOUCHDOWN, clock 12:43.
Analysis: The backside end almost makes the tackle–should have. OL did a great job of creating a running lane. The LG (Bullard) makes a great block downfield on the LB and #18 (North) makes a solid block, accidentally blocking two defenders.

Thanks! I had the number right, but the name wrong. It has been corrected.

If Worley is gonna lead the play with no read to make he needs to go ahead and block like he means it. I guarantee you he will run like he means it when the time comes.

VN Store

Back