Anyone else feel bad for Dayne Davis?

He should’ve been credited with one tackle yesterday but wasn’t. Unfortunately, the tackle was on his own QB 🤷🏻
Should have sent you to the Ignore List during basketball season last year but it slipped my mind. Just rectified that oversight. See ‘ya.

Vol fans get defensive when somebody takes a swipe at our boys - it's natural to some extent.

The emotional context of the written word is sometimes hard to deciipher at first glance.

I'm guessing no harm was intended but blue font is appreciated by those of a more serious demeanor.
I think most people are fine if someone makes a joke thats funny. But when it clear bubba took a good 30 minutes and a 6 pack thinking up his gem...not so much. All jokes are fair game as long as they are funny.

That joke failed on all points. Delivery 1/10. Telegraphed 10/10, dad joke 4/10, teeth 3/32 all on the bottom. Had the joke been made in context in a thread it hits different. But he made a whole thread for that corker. Fail. Just as a joke. You know that drunk chick that gets up to do karaoke to be cute? But shes not cute and cant sing and isnt even trying to read the words? Thats OP

You guys are too tough on Ollie and Dayne. Every program needs guys like that who stay with the program - develop over time and do their best. Dayne is a former walk-on who has contributed a ton to the program. Gaston Moore and others are key players who did not follow the star rankings, etc. and prove to serve a huge role on the team. Moving forward with more games added to season with playoffs, successful teams will have to build "taxi-squads" from talented dedicated PWOs and volunteers to have a productive roster. These guys all have scholarship offers at lower levels and fans need to appreciate their efforts. Iowa had a real tough defense and would have made a number of SEC offensive lines and running backs whiff on plays.

You guys are too tough on Ollie and Dayne. Every program needs guys like that who stay with the program - develop over time and do their best. Dayne is a former walk-on who has contributed a ton to the program. Gaston Moore and others are key players who did not follow the star rankings, etc. and prove to serve a huge role on the team. Moving forward with more games added to season with playoffs, successful teams will have to build "taxi-squads" from talented dedicated PWOs and volunteers to have a productive roster. These guys all have scholarship offers at lower levels and fans need to appreciate their efforts. Iowa had a real tough defense and would have made a number of SEC offensive lines and running backs whiff on plays.
Those guys are tough as nails.
They blocked against the bluest of blue chips for half a decade, and were not as talented, as fast, or as strong as the players they faced most games in the SEC.
They are a throwback to old man football, dusty playing fields of dead winter grass, and T and I formations lining up.
I hope UT never runs out of players like them who prove they want it by working beyond their physical abilities through S&C, filmstudy, and getting themselves coached.

Reactions: SCRocket and knox73

VN Store

Back