Anyone following the Bill Ackman Meltdown?

Three kinds of business in this world…big, small and not mine. Although I do find it interesting since I’m into the markets and like that stuff. If Ackman’s wife was a current sitting President, Chancellor, Provost of some University, then I could see where this might be fair game for discussion. If she’s out of the game, it means absolutely nothing. The poor wife will have a little short term embarrassment, but I’ve seen Bill go hard after the likes of Icahn and other companies with public feuds over business/investment related tiffs. BI has done some other “hit pieces” recently, but I would have to go back and look.

Edit: BI accused Dave Portnoy of rape and got a lawsuit laid on them by Portnoy. Not sure where that suit stands.

Last edited:
Anyone here familiar with Ackman before this incident? This is 100% par for the course with him. I've always found him to be incredibly obnoxious, smug, and completely full of hot air.

BI leans left for sure in the same realm as CNN, NYT, NPR, Politco, WaPo, etc.

Here we go with the race card, LOL.

Business Insider is a publication about as close to the middle as you can possibly get.
Business Insider is a liberal publication. This is well known and many websites rate it as such. Of course some liberals think CNN is the middle also so I can understand your confusion. As for the race card, everything I said is true. Ackman is a Democrat who has given millions to Obama, Biden and other campaigns. The Palestinian/Muslim Democrats have also made many anti-semetic statements since the terrorists attacked Israel. Denying it or making some statement about the race card doesn't make it false. LOL.

Billy Boy still bigly mad. Not an ounce of reflection here.

Last edited:
Billy Boy still bigly mad. Not an ounce of reflection here.

It's hilarious to me how he evidently thinks people are going to read all that. Especially in a medium like Twitter. He's just pissed because overnight he saw his situation go from a big win to a wash, at best.

Also, I rarely agree with her but Krystal Ball nailed it yesterday. He isn't anti-DEI...he's very much pro-DEI with a carve-out for a particular cause that he's feels strongly about. This is 100% personal, not done for any kind of ideological or philosophical reason.

Reactions: EasternVol
You're conflating copyright and plagiarism. Even if copyright is waived or expired, taking someone else's words is still plagiarism. For example, if I'm in a novel writing class and pass off Dickens' Great Expectations as my own, that's plagiarism but not copyright infringement (since there is no longer copyright protection for that work).
Then aren’t you plagiarizing MSNBC daily?

I've been thoroughly enjoying this *******'s meltdown. To decry plagiarism and endeavor to take down the Harvard president, only to end up exposing your own wife's plagiaristic tendencies ... that's just too good to be true.

The fact that Oxman ripped off Wikipedia multiple times is what makes it so much funnier. Every high schooler knows Wikipedia will never pass muster as a credible source, but she did it in her freaking dissertation. MIT should correct the record and consider revoking her PhD. That's just egregious to an almost-unbelievable degree.

I've been thoroughly enjoying this *******'s meltdown. To decry plagiarism and endeavor to take down the Harvard president, only to end up exposing your own wife's plagiaristic tendencies ... that's just too good to be true.

The fact that Oxman ripped off Wikipedia multiple times is what makes it so much funnier. Every high schooler knows Wikipedia will never pass muster as a credible source, but she did it in her freaking dissertation. MIT should correct the record and consider revoking her PhD. That's just egregious to an almost-unbelievable degree.
I'm deriving deep joy from his meltdown. So much hubris from him, so much crow eating. It's glorious.

Sounds like the type of guy who orders for his wife and side flings (I'm sure he has a cadre of them).

I'm deriving deep joy from his meltdown. So much hubris from him, so much crow eating. It's glorious.

Sounds like the type of guy who orders for his wife and side flings (I'm sure he has a cadre of them).

This sounds oddly specific.

Reactions: davethevol

The only winner in this thing is Barbara Streisand, as the Streisand effect will now be renamed the Ackman effect.

Just imagine being caught plagiarizing Charles Dickens and arguing that the plagiarism policy didn't even mention Dickens.

His whiney bitch late night screeds will soon rival Trump's

Why do you seem far more excited about bashing this lady over the president of Harvard? Remember you didn't say shat until she was fired. Its bc you are a hack.

Why do you seem far more excited about bashing this lady over the president of Harvard? Remember you didn't say shat until she was fired. Its bc you are a hack.
I'm focused on Ackman's massive face plant. And as I made clear, I was not a fan of Gay. What Business Insider found on Oxman is more damning that what was found on Gay, which Ackman was more than happy to waive around with respect to Gay. That's what makes this whole great Twitter viewing.

I don't think I've said a foul word about Oxman, other than maybe saying she clearly committed plagiarism, which is true. She's effectively admitted to it. Find where I've "bashed this lady."

I'm focused on Ackman's massive face plant. And as I made clear, I was not a fan of Gay. What Business Insider found on Oxman is more damning that what was found on Gay, which Ackman was more than happy to waive around with respect to Gay. That's what makes this whole great Twitter viewing.

I don't think I've said a foul word about Oxman, other than maybe saying she clearly committed plagiarism, which is true. She's effectively admitted to it. Find where I've "bashed this lady."
You were silent on Gay until you got permission from the party to bail. You waited weeks. Makes you a fraud. As far as this lady goes F her too. I'm more curious as to how it took you so long to bash her. We know why. Can't criticize the minority until it's overwhelming. Stupid and vapid leadership by Dems.

VN Store

Back