Anyone seen the new SEC tie breaker rules?

Just have a tie or settle it on the field. In 1989 Alabama, Auburn and Vols shared the league championship. We beat Auburn, Auburn beat Bama, Bama beat us. IIRC we went to the Cotton bowl and beat Arkansas.

Just have a tie or settle it on the field. In 1989 Alabama, Auburn and Vols shared the league championship. We beat Auburn, Auburn beat Bama, Bama beat us. IIRC we went to the Cotton bowl and beat Arkansas.
Yeah but in 1989 we didn't have divisions, we didn't have an SECCG, we didn't have a CFP where the SEC title carries so much weight, and we did have a pool of reporters and media persons that actually knew something about football voting on the rankings.

We can have a good season or even a few. Texas will be a burr in everyone’s ass. They will get every close call, everything will go their way.
Maybe in Texas. I think we all are fully aware of what can happen at any road game in the SEC if the calls start looking a certain way. IE: Mustard Bottle. You call the game fair in Neyland or we won't have a game at all.

Maybe in Texas. I think we all are fully aware of what can happen at any road game in the SEC if the calls start looking a certain way. IE: Mustard Bottle. You call the game fair in Neyland or we won't have a game at all.
I’ve been to plenty games in Neyland. Seen more than my fair share of BAMA bias still. Fans can raise hell sure, sec officials don’t care, never have.

Reactions: onevol74
You’re about to see that favoritism shift and the Bammers won’t like it. Texas, Georgia are going to be your mainstays yearly; anyone that thinks otherwise hasn’t opened their eyes to what’s going on. Texas will be the money program for the conference.
As long as the conference head office is in Birmingham Bama will always get the favoritism.

I'm thinking something like:
1 Conference record
2 Head to head
3 Common opponets w/l record
4 Out of conference w/l record

But they will have to have some type of tiebreak at the end as an overall decider. CFP rank or strength of schedule or points or something. I'm down for the coin flip on national TV between the coaches.
They’ll never use out of conference game records to determine a champion within a conference.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The schedules for 2024 are a real mess. Maybe a 9 game conference schedule would help...I don't know.

For example, TN, TX, and LSU don't play each other next season. Theoretically all 3 teams could finish 12-0, what then?
Seed by highest raked team/teams.

VN Store

Back