Apparently John Ward had some influence on Rece Davis.....

ESPN's Rece Davis explains unplanned tribute to legendary Vols announcer John Ward during Tennessee's win against NC State

Kinds takes a shot at Tennessee fans and then there is the whole "Your people" reference.

"Your people seemed to enjoy the homage I sent to John Ward at the end of the Will Brooks pick-six call," said Davis to co-host Ryan McGee (a Tennessee graduate). "They seemed to enjoy that. Got a lot of positive feedback, which is not typical for the feedback that anyone in the media gets from Tennessee fans, typically. So I was grateful for that."

Reactions: wrangler
ESPN's Rece Davis explains unplanned tribute to legendary Vols announcer John Ward during Tennessee's win against NC State

Kinds takes a shot at Tennessee fans and then there is the whole "Your people" reference.

"Your people seemed to enjoy the homage I sent to John Ward at the end of the Will Brooks pick-six call," said Davis to co-host Ryan McGee (a Tennessee graduate). "They seemed to enjoy that. Got a lot of positive feedback, which is not typical for the feedback that anyone in the media gets from Tennessee fans, typically. So I was grateful for that."
I did appreciate Rece's tribute to John Ward. Made me smile with a warm feeling.

As for this bolded comment, we'll love the hell out of them every week, if they'll just show us the respect we're due. No snide insults (right, Chris Fowler?), no hand-slapping like a schoolmarm (eh, Kirk Herbstreit?), no false praise and sucking up just for ratings (get that, Paul Finebaum?).

Treat us like adults, we'll treat you like adults. Show us some respect, we'll show you some. Treat us like family, chances are we'll reciprocate.

It shocks me that more media types don't understand this. Not just about Tennessee, but all fan bases.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back