Appeals court rules Tennessee can enforce Down Syndrome abortion ban

I believe life begins at conception based on my personal religious beliefs. My beliefs do not set law. The law is established and what’s legal should not be based on your thoughts. What I’m saying is if abortion is legal it should be legal for whatever reason the person having the abortion decides. I do not want the government involved in my decision making process in any way. Don’t want a kid with the gay gene? None of the government’s business. Can’t afford the medical of a special needs child? None of the government’s business. As to the religious.....I’ll be judged for my behavior. I’ll leave it to others to be judged for theirs. They don’t need my help.

You know, I had to delete what I was originally going to write because I think there are too many people that would have gotten emotionally triggered and twisted it into something that it wasn't meant to be.

I'll just say this and then leave, but sometimes, the cure is in the prevention.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I believe life begins at conception based on my personal religious beliefs. My beliefs do not set law. The law is established and what’s legal should not be based on your thoughts. What I’m saying is if abortion is legal it should be legal for whatever reason the person having the abortion decides. I do not want the government involved in my decision making process in any way. Don’t want a kid with the gay gene? None of the government’s business. Can’t afford the medical of a special needs child? None of the government’s business. As to the religious.....I’ll be judged for my behavior. I’ll leave it to others to be judged for theirs. They don’t need my help.

God judges nations on morality, gov was designed to protect citizens and punish evil. Killing innocent babies goes against God's law.

Reactions: davethevol
I don’t think this logic works out.
First,
Religious belief? Sure, if the ONLY reason you have to believe something is right or wrong is due to religion, I’ll grant you that. But you seriously can’t equate the killing of the unborn to whether you eat pork or not?

Instead you should ask why you are reducing your view on this to how you view it “religiously.” You might start by asking, “if I weren’t religious, what reasons would I have to oppose abortion?” In fact, you should feel an obligation. Sure, you don’t want the government telling you what to think, eat or wear, I get that. But when you take something like a unique, developing human life and dismiss it on those terms, it’s a failure in logic.

If the human life is robbed of value, then rights lose any meaning and liberty is void of meaning.

You know, I had to delete what I was originally going to write because I think there are too many people that would have gotten emotionally triggered and twisted it into something that it wasn't meant to be.

I'll just say this and then leave, but sometimes, the cure is in the prevention.

tenor.gif

God judges nations on morality, gov was designed to protect citizens and punish evil. Killing innocent babies goes against God's law.

And.
My wife and I once made a decision to not have an abortion. She had HELP syndrome and they were 100% sure she and the twins we’re going to die. They took me outside and put pressure on me to overrule her and give permission to do the abortion. We still declined. I was told I was killing my wife. The emergency C-section was done at 29 1/2 weeks. One of the twins didn’t make it. I was not going to go before my G-D as a murderer of my unborn child.
I don’t get to decide how others should be judged before G-D. If you don’t like the laws then make attempts to change them. But saying that an abortion is illegal only because the child might be gay or have another issue is just stupid and inconsistent.

BTW. Here’s the results of my conviction 84570A77-C203-45C8-B7BD-7B642DAC91D8.jpeg

I don’t think this logic works out.

Instead you should ask why you are reducing your view on this to how you view it “religiously.” You might start by asking, “if I weren’t religious, what reasons would I have to oppose abortion?” In fact, you should feel an obligation. Sure, you don’t want the government telling you what to think, eat or wear, I get that. But when you take something like a unique, developing human life and dismiss it on those terms, it’s a failure in logic.

If the human life is robbed of value, then rights lose any meaning and liberty is void of meaning.

Without resorting to ethereal aspects; what, specifically about a "developing human life" is unique?

It appears as if you've assumed a stand, begged a question and the insisted OC was guilty of a logical failure. I haven't had my coffee this morning, can you clarify how the math checks out here?

Without resorting to ethereal aspects; what, specifically about a "developing human life" is unique?

It appears as if you've assumed a stand, begged a question and the insisted OC was guilty of a logical failure. I haven't had my coffee this morning, can you clarify how the math checks out here?
That’s not how I was using the term “unique.”

I’m saying that a fertilized and implanted egg is unique from the mother who hosts its development. It isn’t “part” of the mother. Scientifically speaking it is the first stage of human development.

Last edited:

OC?

The c and s are not even close on the board.
Oh, no coffee yet.

That’s not how I was using the term “unique.”

I’m saying that a fertilized and implanted egg is unique from the mother who hosts its development. It isn’t “part” of the mother. Scientifically speaking it is the first stage of human development.

It's an amazing miracle. How anyone can say it happens randomly is just stupid.

It's an amazing miracle. How anyone can say it happens randomly is just stupid.
Huh? It’s not a miracle. A miracle, by definition, defies natural explanation. It’s beyond natural (super natural). So, it’s actually stupid to call it a miracle. This is the logic that hurts the prolife position. Stop!

Last edited:

Whether religious or not, mankind is it for this universe. Millions of miles years in every direction and not a single other planet has been found with any life. That alone makes all life on this planet special.

We are an endangered species to the extent that when a life line becomes extinct here on earth for any species it becomes extinct in the entire universe and solar system.

That alone should make us cherish all life.

No other planet has a single birth of anything, ever.

Whether religious or not, mankind is it for this universe. Millions of miles years in every direction and not a single other planet has been found with any life. That alone makes all life on this planet special.

We are an endangered species to the extent that when a life line becomes extinct here on earth for any species it becomes extinct in the entire universe and solar system.

That alone should make us cherish all life.

No other planet has a single birth of anything, ever.
Who cares if we’re rare? It doesn’t matter.
The point is this. For anyone to make an argument about “rights” means they must consent that human life has value. To deny it is to undermine one’s own position. What that value is grounded in is a different question, but doesn’t ultimately matter to this argument.
One person may find that value is determined by us being a special creation of God. Another might reject this, but it doesn’t matter. However one finds value is irrelevant. For anyone to say Black Lives Matter, gay lives matter or unborn lives matter, requires a priori acceptance of human life having value.

If a mother denies the value of her unborn child she is pulling the rug out on her own human value, and thus undermining any basis on which to claim a “right.” Her own human experience is predicated on her own conception.

VN Store

Back