Are we as good as the ‘22 team?

Do you think we are as good as we were in 2022?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
No clue, don't care.

Sorry, no disrespect to your poll. It's just that my Vols are 4-0 and I don't care if they're better or worse than 2022 right now. Overall, this team _could_ have a better season. Time will tell.

So much better on defense it's not even funny. The offense isn't as good yet because Hooker was absolutely amazing and so was Hyatt and that offense in general was incredible.

But through the same point in the season, we'd needed overtime to win on the road vs an average Pitt team and had to hold on for dear life to beat a bad Florida team. So through 4 games, this team is overall better than 2022.

I think we can be better. We’re different for sure. We never could’ve done what we did tonight w/ the 2022 team . We could never have grinded like that and played field position and relied on the defense. It’ll be interesting to see how much we open it up in the next 3 games.

Too early to say, so I voted no. I think Nico is more talented than Hendon, but he’s not at that level yet. Thornton is great, but he’s not on the field all the time. Squirrel is no Jalin Hyatt.

This team is much more complete with a much better defense, but we didn’t show we could beat Alabama like we did in 2022 yet.

Tonight’s performance, as great of a win as it was, isn’t going to be enough against Jalen Milroe or a true running threat at QB.

I said 10-2 before the season, and I’m still there. I think this team doesn’t have the meltdown gene we had in 2022 that showed up on defense against South Carolina, but we don’t have Hendon or Jalin Hyatt. Squirrel isn’t an elite slot WR. 2022 could’ve been even better if our #1 WR hadn’t been basically lost for the season against Akron.

So much better on defense it's not even funny. The offense isn't as good yet because Hooker was absolutely amazing and so was Hyatt and that offense in general was incredible.

But through the same point in the season, we'd needed overtime to win on the road vs an average Pitt team and had to hold on for dear life to beat a bad Florida team. So through 4 games, this team is overall better than 2022.
^^^^This right here.

VN Store

Back