Arizona scouting report

You’re right. Glad you were able to dig it up and point it out. However, one game doesn’t make a season . Let’s see him play like this every game, not just once a month
I was just messing with you, no worries. Just clicked on the first thread I hadn’t read yet

I was just messing with you, no worries. Just clicked on the first thread I hadn’t read yet
NBD, you are right about what I said, however, that’s the first time this season Fulky has played like this. If he continues playing the way he did ton, we are going to have a great season. ( still wish he had about 20 more lbs. on that frame)

NBD, you are right about what I said, however, that’s the first time this season Fulky has played like this. If he continues playing the way he did ton, we are going to have a great season. ( still wish he had about 20 more lbs. on that frame)
I think some of this was a result of Arizona's game plan. Most teams beat Fulky up and take him out of the game because it's a big emphasis. Nobody else on this roster can score in the paint. Arizona didn't show him a lot of respect and let him get his confidence. Hopefully he carries this over.

Reactions: Lankykong
I’m glad I was wrong. Many in here were confident and props to you all. Arizona is a dang good team and we out played them down low which was definitely the reason for the W. S/O to Plavsic for telling me shut my mouth. He showed some stuff last night he hasn’t before. Big W. Can’t wait for Bama.

Reactions: Lankykong
For anyone has so much free time that they'd read the armchair analysis of someone who listened to the game on radio...

I think two strategies combined to create the circumstances in which Fulky thrived last night:

I'm guessing Arizona's defensive strategy was to keep our guards from getting to the basket for layups, until we proved we could hit from outside. So they positioned their big men closer to the basket. They also felt any of their bigs could negate Fulky, Nkamhoua, or Plavsic one-on-one. So instead of double-teaming when the ball went inside, they tasked their other bigs to guard against back cuts and drop off baskets while positioning for rebounds.

I'm also guessing that Tennessee's offensive instructions to Fulky were not the usual "find your shot" or "kick back out if there's nothing there inside"... but instead, they asked Fulky to work at creating fouls on their bigs and to get his points at the foul line.

Together, those created a floor where Fulky--a total team player--was mentally freed to operate singularly and aggressively, closer to the basket than other teams have been allowing him this season, and usually one-on-one. All of which is his wheelhouse.

At least, that's the way it appeared on radio. :)

Reactions: WilliamDuVOL
For anyone has so much free time that they'd read the armchair analysis of someone who listened to the game on radio...

I think two strategies combined to create the circumstances in which Fulky thrived last night:

I'm guessing Arizona's defensive strategy was to keep our guards from getting to the basket for layups, until we proved we could hit from outside. So they positioned their big men closer to the basket. They also felt any of their bigs could negate Fulky, Nkamhoua, or Plavsic one-on-one. So instead of double-teaming when the ball went inside, they tasked their other bigs to guard against back cuts and drop off baskets while positioning for rebounds.

I'm also guessing that Tennessee's offensive instructions to Fulky were not the usual "find your shot" or "kick back out if there's nothing there inside"... but instead, they asked Fulky to work at creating fouls on their bigs and to get his points at the foul line.

Together, those created a floor where Fulky--a total team player--was mentally freed to operate singularly and aggressively, closer to the basket than other teams have been allowing him this season, and usually one-on-one. All of which is his wheelhouse.

First mistake....you listened to the radio. You'd probably get a more Accurate description of the game I'd you just listened to an entirely different game altogether. Bumbling Bob is awful

Solid analysis and they never really chose to double the post much like you pointed out. The only part where I see it a bit different is I think all season Fulky will keep the ball and work in the post when there’s space and he quickly passes out when he’s doubled trying to find the open shooter. As AZ didn’t double Fulky kept shooting. After making several he started feeling it and Barnes was having everyone else hang out deep and quit cutting to the basket as much as usual to keep the paint clear

Reactions: BruisedOrange

Arizona's length was definitely a problem for our guards and Kennedy Chandler showed how his size limitations will inhibit him in the NBA without more work on his perimeter shot. He couldn't get anything going towards the rim because of AZ's size and length, defensively.

Arizona's length was definitely a problem for our guards and Kennedy Chandler showed how his size limitations will inhibit him in the NBA without more work on his perimeter shot. He couldn't get anything going towards the rim because of AZ's size and length, defensively.
KC needs to get that Trae Young runner perfected and he will raise his game to another level. Yesterday, I saw a NBA mock draft that had KC going 14th overall, before the 'Zona game.

Reactions: cncchris33
KC needs to get that Trae Young runner perfected and he will raise his game to another level. Yesterday, I saw a NBA mock draft that had KC going 14th overall, before the 'Zona game.
I’m thinking Chandler just was a bit surprised he had some freedom from 10-14 feet and it messed with him. Seems like he kept wanting to pull the trigger but wasn’t all in. I think you’ll see him working the next week on that mid-to-short range shot. This game is going to help him moving forward.

VN Store

Back