Arkansas Week

I Love Lamp

Look at this stupid username
It’s officially Arkansas week and I still have nightmares from the 2006 game in Fayetteville with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones running wild and the 2011 vomit inducing punt return from Joe Adams.

This is however a new era. Gone are the days of Derek Dooley and his quirky pressers. Gone are the days of Butch Jones managing to lose to mediocore teams with the best team Tennessee has had in 15 years. Gone are the days of Pruitt doing….whatever the hell that was.

This will be a game where our secondary will really get to showcase their talents and I am ready. Arkansas LOVES to sling the rock around and we haven’t played a team that throws this much yet. Their passing offense ranks ahead of Tennessee but we all know that is misleading because all of our games have been over in the first half for the most part.

Arkansas’ defense is definitely the weak part of this team and we should see the Vols light up the score again.

Team Rankings

TennesseeArkansas
Total Offense3rd13th
Passing Offense33rd27th
Rushing Offense4th21st
Scoring Offense1st33rd
Total Defense1st47th
Pass Yards Allowed4th89th
Rushing Defense2nd21st
Scoring Defense2nd46th
Strength of Schedule72nd38th
Strength of Record4th54th

Individual Stat Leaders
TennesseeArkansas
Passing LeaderNico Iamaleava
61/88, 892 YDS, 7 TD, 2 INT
Taylen Green
88/162, 1236 YDS, 5 TD, 5 INT
Receiving LeaderDont'e Thornton
7 REC, 242 YDS, 3 TD
Andrew Armstrong
29 REC, 420 YDS, 0 TDS
Rushing LeaderDylan Sampson
69 CAR, 449 YDS, 10 TD
Ja'Quinden Jackson
79 CAR, 509 YDS, 9 TD

Corrected the years for McFadden and Jones

Last edited:
It’s officially Arkansas week and I still have nightmares from the 2011 game in Fayetteville with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones running wild and the vomit inducing punt return from Joe Adams.

This is however a new era. Gone are the days of Derek Dooley and his quirky pressers. Gone are the days of Butch Jones managing to lose to mediocore teams with the best team Tennessee has had in 15 years. Gone are the days of Pruitt doing….whatever the hell that was.

This will be a game where our secondary will really get to showcase their talents and I am ready. Arkansas LOVES to sling the rock around and we haven’t played a team that throws this much yet. Their passing offense ranks ahead of Tennessee but we all know that is misleading because all of our games have been over in the first half for the most part.

Arkansas’ defense is definitely the weak part of this team and we should see the Vols light up the score again.

Team Rankings

TennesseeArkansas
Total Offense3rd13th
Passing Offense33rd27th
Rushing Offense4th21st
Scoring Offense1st33rd
Total Defense1st47th
Rushing Defense2nd21st
Scoring Defense2nd46th

Individual Stat Leaders
TennesseeArkansas
Tayler Green
7 REC, 242 YDS, 3 TD
Andrew Armstrong
29 REC, 420 YDS, 0 TDS
69 CAR, 449 YDS, 10 TD
Ja'Quinden Jackson
79 CAR, 509 YDS, 9 TD
As we’ve seen, no team can be taken for granted. We’re going in the road for a conference night game against a middle of the pack SEC team. On paper, we should win. On paper, UGA should’ve destroyed UK. There are plenty of other examples as well. A lot of folks are already talking about Bama but let’s whip the Hogs first. Ever since I’ve been a UT fan Arkansas has played UT tough. Green is a good QB, similar to that freshman OU put in. We can force Green into some mistakes but he will absolutely make some plays on us too. We won’t have the first ranked D after this game and that’s ok. Let’s just get the W and stay healthy!

Not sure why you are telling me to relax….I am just passing along some stats and rankings.
Heh, probably because you used the word "nightmare" in your first sentence, and Fade never reads more than the first sentence before commenting.

But he'll probably eventually come back and read the second sentence, so there's hope he may begin to understand your perspective. Maybe even the third. Only time can tell.

Go Vols!

Darren McFadden…I thought he was from their mid-00s team? But yes that 2011 game where we literally couldn’t tackle one guy on special teams was painful to watch.

I think with the bye week and hopefully our tackles healthy, we’ll get up and down the field on them and the D will do what needs to be done.

Heh, probably because you used the word "nightmare" in your first sentence, and Fade never reads more than the first sentence before commenting.

But he'll probably eventually come back and read the second sentence, so there's hope he may begin to understand your perspective. Maybe even the third. Only time can tell.

Go Vols!
Didn't need the first two sentences, jmo

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I wasn’t impressed by Arkansas yesterday. Taylen Green scrambling may be the only threat to our defense but we will shut him down. They are mistake prone offensively and inconsistent. They have a good RB but we have been efficient so far against the run this year.

Defensively, Ark has good pass rush so Nico will have to get the ball out quick, but their secondary we can feast on.

The vols will win this game because they’re the better team. Not worried about Ark at all as long as we play our game! These guys have already played a night game on the road in prime time and looked unfazed, I don’t see the environment playing a factor in this one at all. Go vols!

Go Vols!

Funny

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Darren McFadden…I thought he was from their mid-00s team? But yes that 2011 game where we literally couldn’t tackle one guy on special teams was painful to watch.

I think with the bye week and hopefully our tackles healthy, we’ll get up and down the field on them and the D will do what needs to be done.
You’re correct, Houston Nutt was still the coach. The 2011 team was Petrino’s.

Because you started with a PTSD episode?
Brother…all was was doing was looking back at where we were and where we have come, nothing more than that. I think you might need to be the one to relax. Regardless, I agree with you, I am not too worried about this game and do feel we win by multiple touchdowns

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It’s officially Arkansas week and I still have nightmares from the 2006 game in Fayetteville with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones running wild and the 2011 vomit inducing punt return from Joe Adams.

Team Rankings

TennesseeArkansas
Total Offense3rd13th
Passing Offense33rd27th
Rushing Offense4th21st
Scoring Offense1st33rd
Total Defense1st47th
Rushing Defense2nd21st
Scoring Defense2nd46th

Individual Stat Leaders
TennesseeArkansas
Tayler Green
7 REC, 242 YDS, 3 TD
Andrew Armstrong
29 REC, 420 YDS, 0 TDS
69 CAR, 449 YDS, 10 TD
Ja'Quinden Jackson
79 CAR, 509 YDS, 9 TD

Team Rankings

TennesseeArkansas
Total Offense3rd13th
Passing Offense33rd27th
Rushing Offense4th21st
Scoring Offense1st33rd
Total Defense1st47th
Rushing Defense2nd21st
Scoring Defense2nd46th

Individual Stat Leaders
TennesseeArkansas
Tayler Green
7 REC, 242 YDS, 3 TD
Andrew Armstrong
29 REC, 420 YDS, 0 TDS
69 CAR, 449 YDS, 10 TD
Ja'Quinden Jackson
79 CAR, 509 YDS, 9 TD

According to Doug Matthew’s, the Hogs will be the 3rd best defense we fece moving forward behind UGA and Bama. KY may be a close tie or even a little better. I don’t see us putting up 30 plus but we go up two scores mid way in the 3rd.

The game won’t be in doubt if we limit the turnovers and prevent special teams as I anticipate some type of trickery or then going after a punt.

We rarely play well against them, home or away. I won’t forget the loss in 1992 in Neyland that helped Johnny get fired.

TN will go into Florida week sitting @ 5-0 and top five in the country!

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back