Arkansas Week

We need a solid run of the mill team like this and we need to pound them to send a message. These next two games are big to show that a championship caliber team mops up with teams like this.

I am fully believing we are that type of team. This team seems SO focused. U don’t think they overlook Arkansas nor will they anyone else. We are a dominant football team that STILL has plenty of room for improvement. Heupel has us zeroed in and focused as hell.

I fully expect to get ahold of them early and never let them feel they had a chance. This team is playing tough, confident, and having fun doing it. I do believe we dominant them. We’ll win by 21+

Although we hold a 13-6 win record against Hogs…those of us who go back for many years remember some hard fought games against them. Granted…some have been blow outs too. This game ALWAYS gives me a pause when we play them. I still remember Coach Danny Ford caught on tv on Hogs sideline saying he hoped our QB (who was still running the ball while running out the clock) “blows out a knee”! I THINK that was Heath Shuler. Anyways…I’ll feel better once this hay is in the barn! Cause I have friends who both played and coached at Arkansas and they can be a little annoying sometimes 🤷‍♂️.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The hogs are currently 9th in the SEC in total defense, 47th in FBS. UK's defense is 4th in the SEC, 9th in FBS. No comparison between the two IMO. The Arky defense shouldn't worry anyone.

Their QB completes about 53% of his passes and throws just as many picks as he does TDs. The game stats from their loss with A&M basically matched his averages from all season so far.

Their OL is average. DL will need to take advantage and get their QB scrambling sideways instead of downfield. He makes most of his mistakes trying to force plays when he scrambles out to the sideline. He can hurt you if he runs forward instead of sideways. Gap integrity is paramount.

I like our D in this match up.

Reactions: I Love Lamp
It’s officially Arkansas week and I still have nightmares from the 2006 game in Fayetteville with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones running wild and the 2011 vomit inducing punt return from Joe Adams.

This is however a new era. Gone are the days of Derek Dooley and his quirky pressers. Gone are the days of Butch Jones managing to lose to mediocore teams with the best team Tennessee has had in 15 years. Gone are the days of Pruitt doing….whatever the hell that was.

This will be a game where our secondary will really get to showcase their talents and I am ready. Arkansas LOVES to sling the rock around and we haven’t played a team that throws this much yet. Their passing offense ranks ahead of Tennessee but we all know that is misleading because all of our games have been over in the first half for the most part.

Arkansas’ defense is definitely the weak part of this team and we should see the Vols light up the score again.

Team Rankings

TennesseeArkansas
Total Offense3rd13th
Passing Offense33rd27th
Rushing Offense4th21st
Scoring Offense1st33rd
Total Defense1st47th
Pass Yards Allowed4th89th
Rushing Defense2nd21st
Scoring Defense2nd46th
Strength of Schedule72nd38th
Strength of Record4th54th

Individual Stat Leaders
TennesseeArkansas
Passing LeaderNico Iamaleava
61/88, 892 YDS, 7 TD, 2 INT
Tayler Green
88/162, 1236 YDS, 5 TD, 5 INT
Receiving LeaderDont'e Thornton
7 REC, 242 YDS, 3 TD
Andrew Armstrong
29 REC, 420 YDS, 0 TDS
Rushing LeaderDylan Sampson
69 CAR, 449 YDS, 10 TD
Ja'Quinden Jackson
79 CAR, 509 YDS, 9 TD

Corrected the years for McFadden and Jones
My nightmares are from 1992 when they came into Neyland and upset us on a last-second FG by Todd Wright, handing us our first loss of the season after a 5-0 start. Their QB that day was Barry Lunney, Jr. who is now the Illinois OC.

I don’t get the fascination with predicting how bad the score is going to be. That’s how you end up with people disappointed in a 10 point road win (see Oklahoma) or shocked when the opponent doesn’t submit to our superiority (see South Carolina ‘22). Just get out of there with a win. Football is wildly unpredictable and it’s difficult to win on the road.

SEC road games, especially night games, are never a given. And anyone that knows Arkansas fans knows that they want this game more than probably any other on the schedule.

That being said, they stink and Tennessee should absolutely mop the floor with them.
I would think Hog fans want to beat the other teams that used to be conference foes like Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, and Mizzou?

I don’t get the fascination with predicting how bad the score is going to be. That’s how you end up with people disappointed in a 10 point road win (see Oklahoma) or shocked when the opponent doesn’t submit to our superiority (see South Carolina ‘22). Just get out of there with a win. Football is wildly unpredictable and it’s difficult to win on the road.
Aren’t we 4-0 against the spread this season? Seems like we’re doing ok.

Tennessee heads into the Arkansas contest ranked in the FBS top five in 11 categories: scoring offense (first – 54.0), total defense (first – 176.0), yards per play allowed (first – 3.13), third-down defense (first – 17 percent), first downs (first – 11.0), scoring defense (second – 7.0), rushing defense (second – 50.8), total offense (third – 565.8), kickoff return defense (third – 5.0), pass defense (fourth – 125.3) and rushing offense (fourth – 290.0).

Arkansas playing 6th straight game I think. Have to be beat up, bone weary and demoralized. Can’t take for granted for sure but I like our open date.
Never underestimate a wounded hog that is backed into a corner. With that said, Vols by 21+

I just hope their turf is in good shape. We need to see our punt return game break out. Punt coverage unit has not been up to its usual standard, either.

These are the things fans of the #4 team whine about. 😌

Been a few years... I've missed it!

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Arky Drip?

GYp7qU_WMAAK9Gg

It’s officially Arkansas week and I still have nightmares from the 2006 game in Fayetteville with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones running wild and the 2011 vomit inducing punt return from Joe Adams.

This is however a new era. Gone are the days of Derek Dooley and his quirky pressers. Gone are the days of Butch Jones managing to lose to mediocore teams with the best team Tennessee has had in 15 years. Gone are the days of Pruitt doing….whatever the hell that was.

This will be a game where our secondary will really get to showcase their talents and I am ready. Arkansas LOVES to sling the rock around and we haven’t played a team that throws this much yet. Their passing offense ranks ahead of Tennessee but we all know that is misleading because all of our games have been over in the first half for the most part.

Arkansas’ defense is definitely the weak part of this team and we should see the Vols light up the score again.

Team Rankings

TennesseeArkansas
Total Offense3rd13th
Passing Offense33rd27th
Rushing Offense4th21st
Scoring Offense1st33rd
Total Defense1st47th
Pass Yards Allowed4th89th
Rushing Defense2nd21st
Scoring Defense2nd46th
Strength of Schedule72nd38th
Strength of Record4th54th

Individual Stat Leaders
TennesseeArkansas
Passing LeaderNico Iamaleava
61/88, 892 YDS, 7 TD, 2 INT
Taylen Green
88/162, 1236 YDS, 5 TD, 5 INT
Receiving LeaderDont'e Thornton
7 REC, 242 YDS, 3 TD
Andrew Armstrong
29 REC, 420 YDS, 0 TDS
Rushing LeaderDylan Sampson
69 CAR, 449 YDS, 10 TD
Ja'Quinden Jackson
79 CAR, 509 YDS, 9 TD

Corrected the years for McFadden and Jones

And we will face another former Tennessee coach in Sam Pittman.

VN Store

Back