Asheville- San Fran east./Who's Rich?

Was in Asheville in April. Had a blast. Stayed in the Kimpton downtown. Went to several breweries, Biltmore and some really good restaurants.
I travel a good bit and sad to say most decent size cites now have homeless, beggars and other issues. Some more than others. I mean if you walk down the “strip” in Knoxville there are all kinds of beggars and what appear to be homeless.

I stopped for gas in Enka Candler, I believe, there were probably 20 homeless people there. I don’t think it was their “strip”.

Outside of going out to eat some and a couple of Tourists games a year, I don't go out of my way to go to Asheville. While it isn't my my cup of tea, I can see why it is attractive to others to visit and live there from all over.

It offers a decent sized town feel with the mountains nearby. Growth of any town or city will bring negative aspects. It's easy to avoid around somewhere like Asheville.

Love Asheville. Great town, great art and food, brew pubs everywhere and you can bring your dog almost anywhere including the bars.

Reactions: GAVol
I stopped for gas in Enka Candler, I believe, there were probably 20 homeless people there. I don’t think it was their “strip”.
Many of them (just like in Knoxville) are from the West Coast. They get one way bus tickets and get shipped off to become other peoples’ problems. I remember a huge influx of them one year when I was at UT, and the Knoxville mayor along with the sheriff were looking at suing the California cities that were doing this.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
We were there a couple of months ago for the first time in 3 years or so, and I was shocked how bad is has become. Homeless people everywhere, much dirtier, accosted several times by beggars, and every other store seemed like a "CBD" place. Sad, really. Used to be one of my favorite places to visit. The redeeming factors were that food was still great, the pinball museum, and the wicked weed patio.

I was there in December, we stayed at The Foundry and walked all around downtown and never once were accosted by anyone.

Many of them (just like in Knoxville) are from the West Coast. They get one way bus tickets and get shipped off to become other peoples’ problems. I remember a huge influx of them one year when I was at UT, and the Knoxville mayor along with the sheriff were looking at suing the California cities that were doing this.

And now the conservatives are doing the same thing. The more things change...

Was there in April, going back in early September. Great place to visit. a bit expensive, even when compared to my hometown of Atlanta. Definitely haven't seen an outsized issue with the homeless. They are there, but I guess I am not offended by the site of someone begging like others are.

I was there in December, we stayed at The Foundry and walked all around downtown and never once were accosted by anyone.

That's because they don't like the cold. I'm just kidding. I've not had a "problem" in Asheville, but I have noticed the vagrancy issue. You don't have to walk far to run into the next one either. May just depend on the day.

Why is it everything dims/liberals touch turn to s***? I can’t post the video but my stepson and his wife ventured up there for the weekend. Some dude with a super receding hairline wearing a skirt was all up on some woman with a buzz cut, shirtless, showing her skim milk titties and baloney nipples on Main Street. It a microcosm of what the represent.
The video could never have been as bad as the image in my mind from your description

The panhandling discussion comes as violent crime in Asheville has surged in recent years. Aggravated assaults rose by 21.8%, and armed robberies increased by 20% from 2021 to 2022, according to Asheville Police Department (APD) statistics.

That is a huge increase in crime.
No, everything is fine, and what my eyes saw wasn't reality.

Reactions: Vol since 77
The panhandling discussion comes as violent crime in Asheville has surged in recent years. Aggravated assaults rose by 21.8%, and armed robberies increased by 20% from 2021 to 2022, according to Asheville Police Department (APD) statistics.

That is a huge increase in crime.
not when the starting number is pretty low. they still have a long way to go to catch up to Knoxville.

Knoxville.PNG

asheville.PNG

yall sound like the Dems so worried about Constitutional carry.

not when the starting number is pretty low. they still have a long way to go to catch up to Knoxville.

View attachment 566071

View attachment 566072

yall sound like the Dems so worried about Constitutional carry.

The violent crime rate in Asheville is barely lower (8.28 to 7.48 per 1,000) while the overall crime rate (60 vs 49 per 1,000) is significantly higher...

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back