At the conclusion of Week 1...

BigOrangeLoyalist

.. and watching the other teams' play, I see absolutely no reason we shouldn't win our last four games (Mizzou, Auburn, Vandy, and Kentucky), and I definitely think UF and/or USCjr are beatable. Our passing game AND D will need to improve throughout the season, which they will, but fortunately, none of the above teams appear to be a serious threat through the air. UGA we will struggle with, but fortunately their secondary also looked weak (albeit it was a strong Clemson offense), and I am less than enthusiastic for Oregon or Alabama, but all the rest will just take some discipline, minimizing mistakes, and hopefully no injuries. I guess next weekend with WKU, we'll really see where our defense stands. Anyway, despite that AP isn't the best team out there, we held them to 0 points, 200-ish yards, and our first team actually looked like they knew what was going on. Excited to see how this turns out... was feeling anywhere from 5-7 to 9-3 this season, but definitely feeling a little more optimistic at the conclusion of Week 1.

Reactions: 1 person
I really don't see how some are making these assumptions after beating Austin Peay. I'm glad we won, and won big. But it will be hard to get a gauge on this team until they play the likes of Oregon or Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Let's wait 2 more weeks and see how your predictions change. We beat a team that has not won anything in the last 3 years.

I really don't see how some are making these assumptions after beating Austin Peay. I'm glad we won, and won big. But it will be hard to get a gauge on this team until they play the likes of Oregon or Florida.

Very good execution. No penalties. Limited mistakes by the 1st team rotation of players.

Even though it was APSU, there are some take aways from this game. Either the playbook isn't very big or they showed very little of it which factors in as well.

Very good execution. No penalties. Limited mistakes by the 1st team rotation of players.

Even though it was APSU, there are some take aways from this game. Either the playbook isn't very big or they showed very little of it which factors in as well.

I agree 100%. I hope and pray they have more plays to run than what they did last night. It was a good game to get the young players some much needed live playing time, which hopefully will help us out in the long run. It was wild to see UT running that many plays so fast.

Long term we are heading in the right direction... Short term will be rocky. I saw a team last night based on talent middle of the pack in the SEC. Several recruiting cycles later and experience and we are contending again..

It's been a sad go lately when I'm thrilled to death over getting 11 guys on the field and making every PAT. The no penalties and good execution were the highlights for me. Hopefully we can give a couple teams a good scare this year.

Reactions: 4 people
We had better improve greatly between week 1 and week 2. WKY manhandled KY physically. The VOLS will have a battle next week, they better not be looking ahead to Oregon. We are not good enough to take anyone for granted.

OP, every team you listed played better competition that we did. And we're not beating UF on the road, or USCjr. Optimism without a little objectivity sounds like foolishness.

Reactions: 3 people
OP, every team you listed played better competition that we did. And we're not beating UF on the road, or USCjr. Optimism without a little objectivity sounds like foolishness.
UF only put 24 up on Toledo...Toledo...do I need to say it again? Toledo...and you are already counting us out. C'mon man

Reactions: 4 people

Also, Palardy 100% and one kickoff to the back of the end zone.

Won't make a difference against Bama et al, but big improvement.

So is everyone still thinking we're gonna upset Oregon, who by the way had almost 800 yards of total offense yesterday :lol:

Dooley won his fist game vs UT Martin 55-0 (iirc). If you look at that game alone you would think we should he won 8-9 games that year. Didn't quite work out that way.

Like wise I don't get the assumption the OP makes about Mizz, Auburn, and Vandy.

Mizz blew out Murry St which was on par with AP.

Auburn played Mike Leach in Auburn.

Vandy played Ole Miss who we would prob struggle with as well this year.

Dooley won his fist game vs UT Martin 55-0 (iirc). If you look at that game alone you would think we should he won 8-9 games that year. Didn't quite work out that way.

Like wise I don't get the assumption the OP makes about Mizz, Auburn, and Vandy.

We haven't shut someone out since 05 I believe so ut martin would have had to score. I don't remember the score though

Nevermind you were right... It was 50-0

I love the no penalities, and only one fumble by a reserve, but we are very thin. Depth could kill us down the road.

Toledo is building a very promising program. They are a much better team than AP.

And in year 3 of Moosecamps tenure this is all he can muster? Seems that talent is being wasted in Gaimesville.

Tennessee will beat Vandy in Neyland this Season.

VN Store

Back