At the conclusion of Week 1...

And in year 3 of Moosecamps tenure this is all he can muster? Seems that talent is being wasted in Gaimesville.
Then you'd have to say the same about Jones after Toledo beat his Cinncinati team last year.

It was his third year coaching that team also.

Last edited:
UF only put 24 up on Toledo...Toledo...do I need to say it again? Toledo...and you are already counting us out. C'mon man

Hey, just FYI, that "****ty" Toledo team rushed for 229 yards and beat Butch Jones' 10-3 Cincinnati team last year...

Just sayin...

Oh and Florida held them to 50 yards rushing and only 58 plays in 20 minutes TOP. Total domination.

Florida played ultra conservative, missing 3 defensive starters and 2 DL in the rotation.

Last edited:
We had better improve greatly between week 1 and week 2. WKY manhandled KY physically. The VOLS will have a battle next week, they better not be looking ahead to Oregon. We are not good enough to take anyone for granted.

and yet even though WKY "manhandled" KY, KY still managed to put up 26 points on WKY. If our defense is even marginally better than last year, the game should'nt be close. If KY can score 26 on them, we can outscore them.

and yet even though WKY "manhandled" KY, KY still managed to put up 26 points on WKY. If our defense is even marginally better than last year, the game should'nt be close. If KY can score 26 on them, we can outscore them.

WKU had a hard time with Kentucky's running game.

I think the team is headed in the right direction BUT a lot of people need to cool it with the optimism. We don't have enough talent or depth to go far against SEC competition this year. The discipline and execution do look a lot better and I think we eventually get a lot better under this staff but let's not get too high right now, AP was a terrible team.

Excited as hell about the direction of this team but I think some may be setting themselves up for a letdown when this team faces a team with real talent.

I agree 100%. I hope and pray they have more plays to run than what they did last night. It was a good game to get the young players some much needed live playing time, which hopefully will help us out in the long run. It was wild to see UT running that many plays so fast.

i agree.

even if it was not an accident I think showing less of our playbook when we were handily winning was the best possible outcome. we mostly showed meat and potatoes-- nothing spicy. taking out first team at half was the best possible way of preventing showing more weaknesses/strengths and gave second team a chance to prove/disprove themselves. after the first half, the game was over honestly. second half was a friendly scrimmage.

we didn't just play people on the second team in the second half. we were playing..... everyone on the roster? even the water boys? glad it gives petrino hardly anything to go on. hes gonna be bogged down in Cincinnati film and he won't get anything from UT's film in previous years because its all new players and all new schemes.

Butch gets it. would make a great chess player, I'm sure. Your move, Petrino.

Hey, just FYI, that "****ty" Toledo team rushed for 229 yards and beat Butch Jones' 10-3 Cincinnati team last year...

Just sayin...

Oh and Florida held them to 50 yards rushing and only 58 plays in 20 minutes TOP. Total domination.

Florida played ultra conservative, missing 3 defensive starters and 2 DL in the rotation.

I'd like nothing better than to kick Florida's sorry ass this year.

But while we're comparing, only having to play your first string for the first half, scoring 3 touchdowns the first 3 possessions, shutting out your opponent, committing ZERO PENALTIES etc. these are all TOTAL DOMINATION factors.

and don't say I can't talk **** with our stats against a ****ty team because that's EXACTLY what you just did. just because toledo beat cincinnati last year doesn't qualify THIS YEAR'S team. and again, I know APSU is ****ty not trying to qualify them as being a serious opponent like you just did with toledo. and i'll agree toledo> APSU but clearly tennessee's dominance was greater than Florida's.

side note: would Will Muschamp's head just blow right off if Tennessee beat them this year? :eek:lol:

Miley could always perform at halftime of a Tennessee home game with The Pride of the Southland Band.

depressedman.jpg

I really don't see how some are making these assumptions after beating Austin Peay. I'm glad we won, and won big. But it will be hard to get a gauge on this team until they play the likes of Oregon or Florida.

Exactly. Austin Peay is worse than the scout team. Literally, they are that awful.

Then you'd have to say the same about Jones after Toledo beat his Cinncinati team last year.

It was his third year coaching that team also.
Cincy and Toledo are comparable. UF has several top 10 recruiting classes on the roster. That is not in the same galaxy as "the same".

Reactions: 1 person
We said the same thing last year when they only put Miami Ohio away by 7.

Florida can produce unimpressive performances then produce a APlus performance with detrimental plays vs the Volunteers.

I'm optimistic the Volunteers can beat the Gators but don't forget every Saturday it's a new game.

It was great to see the Clemson Tigers beat the Georgia Bulldogs including the game winning drive with the Bulldogs getting embarassed.

Cincy and Toledo are comparable. UF has several top 10 recruiting classes on the roster. That is not in the same galaxy as "the same".
The Gators beat a competitive team by 18 points and didn't allow a TD. I'd hardly call that wasting talent.

also not saying we're going to beat Florida this year. they have some fast Mofkers. just saying you can't really say them beating Toledo means they are absolutely going to beat Tennessee..

OBVIOUSLY, and maybe even more so, tennessee beating APSU doesn't mean we beat Florida. it just means we aren't completely hopeless (see Kentucky..) and that we have a base to work from but JUST LIKE FLORIDA we have **** to do between this week and next.

UF only put 24 up on Toledo...Toledo...do I need to say it again? Toledo...and you are already counting us out. C'mon man

Florida sand bags there cupcake games every year. They are sometimes low scoring because they are so vanilla. U will see who they are when they play mia

also not saying we're going to beat Florida this year. they have some fast Mofkers. just saying you can't really say them beating Toledo means they are absolutely going to beat Tennessee..

OBVIOUSLY, and maybe even more so, tennessee beating APSU doesn't mean we beat Florida. it just means we aren't completely hopeless (see Kentucky..) and that we have a base to work from but JUST LIKE FLORIDA we have **** to do between this week and next.
To be fail Kentucky faced a much better team than AP. Even Kentucky could beat AP easily...
Oh and Toledo is even better than WKU so you can't really judge that either

Florida sand bags there cupcake games every year. They are sometimes low scoring because they are so vanilla. U will see who they are when they play mia

Miami will be improved,I think the Hurricanes pull the upset against Florida. Florida will go 8-4 and probably go to the Outback Bowl.

Miami will be improved,I think the Hurricanes pull the upset against Florida. Florida will go 8-4 and probably go to the Outback Bowl.

I am waiting to see what Miami has. I believe they have the talent and coaches to get it done this year.

VN Store

Back