Atlanta Braves Thread XI (Gary Sheffield edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm familiar with the Pacers work over the past month, so I definitely am. Right now all that feels like getting ahead of myself. If they don't step things up, there's a real chance they get bounced by the Wizards or Bobcats in round 1.

BobcatHornets won't be a pushover for anybody.

And Reg, when are you getting your S5?i may get it Friday.

I don't know for certain. I preordered through Best Buy. I'm on Verizon, so Best Buy doesn't indicate an availability date for vzw customers, but the Verizon website says they'll be available from them no later than the 14th. I'm hoping it will be Friday and not Saturday because I'll be at home to accept shipment on Friday, but we'll be in Knoxville on Saturday.

I know it's still in processing, according to Best Buy website so maaaaybeee I'll get an update tomorrow. I read today that some AT&T folks will be getting theirs as early as tomorrow, two days ahead of the official release date. I went ahead and ordered an OtterBox and it's already shipped.

I don't know for certain. I preordered through Best Buy. I'm on Verizon, so Best Buy doesn't indicate an availability date for vzw customers, but the Verizon website says they'll be available from them no later than the 14th. I'm hoping it will be Friday and not Saturday because I'll be at home to accept shipment on Friday, but we'll be in Knoxville on Saturday.

Oh ok. I can't decide if i really want it. It being waterproof is making me want it worse lol.

Oh ok. I can't decide if i really want it. It being waterproof is making me want it worse lol.

Lots of bells and whistles. Includes some security opt-in features that are similar to "find my phone" that will allow you to find and/or wipe and/or lock your phone remotely. And the 16MP camera is nicer than many point-and-shoot cameras. I also read that if you utilize the smart battery feature that puts your phone into major power saving mode (killing apps, grey scale display, etc.) at 10% battery remaining, you can still have up to 21 hours of talk/text time.

Lots of bells and whistles. Includes some security opt-in features that are similar to "find my phone" that will allow you to find and/or wipe and/or lock your phone remotely. And the 16MP camera is nicer than many point-and-shoot cameras. I also read that if you utilize the smart battery feature that puts your phone into major power saving mode (killing apps, grey scale display, etc.) at 10% battery remaining, you can still have up to 21 hours of talk/text time.

Ya im watching a video about it now on YouTube and they covered all that.

I'm the same way. It's a disease. You have the s4 now, right?

Ya, i think i just saw a video to convince me not to get it.

"if you're looking for a huge upgrade, this isnt it."

The heart rate monitor or fingerprint scanner aren't things i would us. Only thing that i really like more about it is the water resistance and ive never had issue with my previous phones involving water.

The heart rate monitor or fingerprint scanner aren't things i would us. Only thing that i really like more about it is the water resistance and ive never had issue with my previous phones involving water.

Yeah, my current Android is the Note 2 and I'm kind of looking for a reason to upgrade.

I dropped my phone in the toilet one night at 5 am because I was using the LED flash on the phone as a flashlight to find my way and I tripped over one of the wife's shoes. The phone flew out of my hand and went down the pipe and back about six inches. With the flashlight still on. The whole bathroom was filled with an ethereal white glow coming up out of the toilet -- sort of like the poltergeists were coming, only from out of the sewers instead of the TV. It was pretty cool, honestly, but the phone of course did not survive.

I lost another phone to water at a Georgia Tech game when it rained. I had double bagged it in ziplocs and thought I had to be safe, but within an hour after getting home it started getting flaky and didn't survive the night.

A reasonably waterproof phone would be a big selling point to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back