Atmosphere @ 2012 vs 2013 UF game

ScreaminVolHawkins

2012:

AUG 31. W 35-21. Easily handle the hyped NC State in the opener. Huge confidence builder for the fan base, probably my most enjoyed game in recent history

SEPT 8. W 51-13. Home opener. Our offense looks great in the first two weeks. Our defense has yet to be exposed like it soon will and Florida didnt look good against Bowling Green. They also barely beat the SEC newcomers Texas A&M (little did we know then)

SEPT 15. No 18 UF at No 23 TENN

@ 6pm
Neyland is at 102,000 and roaring. For the first time in a long time, I feel like its football time in Tennessee (Cal 2006?). I think we are going to beat Florida. I felt like this game was a turning point, the fanbase seemed on the rise, starting to believe but after the UF game it felt like it was in shambles. The bubble built by wks 1 and 2 was burst.

----------------------------------------------

2013:

Im giving us two wins (austin peay and western kentucky).

So, SEPT 14. UT (pre-season #46) @ Oregon (pre-season #3, Athlon: College Football Rankings | AthlonSports.com nice, grounding read on UT there as well)

Obviously, the Oregon game could have a huge impact on the atmosphere at the UF game. I feel like this year, though, even if we lose the games we should, our fans are not expecting much. A loss @ Oregon probably will not change the UF atmosphere much, whereas a win would ignite the fanbase.

-------------------------------------------

I am not saying I think we will beat Oregon. Honestly, I have no idea what to expect from our passing game or defense this year. We have a potential of 4 QBs to start, one with insignificant PT and 3 freshman. At WR, we have "a dozen scholarship players who have a combined one start at the position". Our defense is moving to a new scheme but is made up of almost identical personnel. Randolph will be back, but as others pointed out, we still have busted plays with him in rotation. On the otherhand, they were lacking structure, knowledge, and discipline, things that were addressed with the coaching change. I think of this season as a glimpse of what CBJ has to offer, with the potential of some upsets.

I just want us to be competitive and not to make silly errors and not let time run out before halftime...

Keeping 13 men off the field would be a bonus as well.

Reactions: 3 people
At least. If we don't win 10 games we should just fire Butch. That means he obviously does NOT get it.
Clearly you don't know a thing about college football if you have that high of standards.

I don't really see how our first three games will have any effect on the atmosphere at Florida.

Pretty sure the forecast will be pi**bombs regardless, if you catch my drift.

We have 7 home and 5 away. Of those 5 away games I think we can win 2 Missouri and Kentucky. The Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn and Vandy games are huge because they are rival games at home. If Jones is going to keep this momentum going he needs to handle his business at home. GO VOLS

Reactions: 2 people
drove 13 hours to knox and brought my gf to her first ever tenn game....go to the gator ame every year its in the swamp and man for the first hour or so of that game it was like a heavyweight fight...i turned to her after the aj johnson scored the go ahead td in the 3rd and said i really think we can win this game ..obv we all know the outcome from a few speed sweeps and screen passes ..but man what a game environment that was, havent experinced anything like that since the SEC champ against LSU when we blew that damn 4th Q lead smh :(

We have 7 home and 5 away. Of those 5 away games I think we can win 2 Missouri and Kentucky. The Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn and Vandy games are huge because they are rival games at home. If Jones is going to keep this momentum going he needs to handle his business at home. GO VOLS

I think 9-3 is a bit lofty. I agree on Missouri and Kentucky, and I think we can beat Auburn at home, but Georgia and SC I'm not banking on, and Vandy I'll say is a toss up.

if we can beat the ducks it will sling shot us up in the top 25 and get the fan base to believe again

drove 13 hours to knox and brought my gf to her first ever tenn game....go to the gator ame every year its in the swamp and man for the first hour or so of that game it was like a heavyweight fight...i turned to her after the aj johnson scored the go ahead td in the 3rd and said i really think we can win this game ..obv we all know the outcome from a few speed sweeps and screen passes ..but man what a game environment that was, havent experinced anything like that since the SEC champ against LSU when we blew that damn 4th Q lead smh :(
Right about that...it was electric!! Then reality set in..get so high then get kicked right in the good ole boys.... :(

if we can beat the ducks it will sling shot us up in the top 25 and get the fan base to believe again

Yeah, kind of what i was thinking. It would obviously be bigger than the NC state win last year, but it would make the hype for Florida game insane.

The atmosphere in Gainesville won't match Neyland last year. You guys were frothing at the mouth until Burton's long run.

Gainesville hasn't been that nuts for UT coming to town since 2005.

The atmosphere in Gainesville won't match Neyland last year. You guys were frothing at the mouth until Burton's long run.

Gainesville hasn't been that nuts for UT coming to town since 2005.

I went from about to start to celebrate a win to straight up knowing we weren't going to win in the seconds it took for him to run that TD.

That was the worst gut punch since the blocked FG at the end of the UT/Bama game in '09.

I went from about to start to celebrate a win to straight up knowing we weren't going to win in the seconds it took for him to run that TD.

That was the worst gut punch since the blocked FG at the end of the UT/Bama game in '09.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was watching it at home in the living room and my wife was rocking our 1 year old to sleep in the bedroom. I walked up to her and whispered "I think we are actually gonna beat Florida this year. ". Then the Burton run....I just yelled "never freakin mind!"

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was watching it at home in the living room and my wife was rocking our 1 year old to sleep in the bedroom. I walked up to her and whispered "I think we are actually gonna beat Florida this year. ". Then the Burton run....I just yelled "never freakin mind!"

I can understand that feeling as a fan. I felt that way plenty of times as a student in the 80s whenever we played Georgia or Auburn.

What I didn't understand last year was UT's team taking on that same level of pessimism when the score was tied...in the 3rd quarter.

We connected on a long pass play against you guys in that classic '98 game, and while the crowd got silent, UT manned up and refused to quit.

Last year it seemed like UT expected to win, but they seemed surprised when UF actually showed up to compete.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back