Atmosphere @ 2012 vs 2013 UF game

Teams reflect their coaches in a lot of ways. Dooley sucked and so did all 3 versions of Tennessee under him.. They don't have the talent level right now that were used too.. I for one want to see a better coached team. The clown show in the second half of games under Dooley got tiresome.. If anything, compete til the final seconds tick off the clock.. Far too many times under Dooley the team quit and didn't seem to care.. They were fragile as a egg.. That was garbage.. Dooley and Hamilton were garbage.. Glad they're both gone.. Good riddance..

Last edited:
I can understand that feeling as a fan. I felt that way plenty of times as a student in the 80s whenever we played Georgia or Auburn.

What I didn't understand last year was the team taking on that same level of pessimism when the score was tied...in the 3rd quarter.

We connected on a long pass play against you guys in that classic '98 game, and while the crowd got silent, UT manned up and refused to quit.

Last year it seemed like UT expected to win, but they seemed surprised when UF actually showed up to compete.

I don't expect us to beat the gators this year but I do believe it will be a good 4 quarter game. Lot of rumbling on the hill about CBJ and his conditioning drills. These boy's will be battle ready.

Reactions: 1 person
The atmosphere in Gainesville won't match Neyland last year. You guys were frothing at the mouth until Burton's long run.

Gainesville hasn't been that nuts for UT coming to town since 2005.

That's nice of a gator to say, even though the reason behind it us sucking haha

Last edited:
I can understand that feeling as a fan. I felt that way plenty of times as a student in the 80s whenever we played Georgia or Auburn.

What I didn't understand last year was UT's team taking on that same level of pessimism when the score was tied...in the 3rd quarter.

We connected on a long pass play against you guys in that classic '98 game, and while the crowd got silent, UT manned up and refused to quit.

Last year it seemed like UT expected to win, but they seemed surprised when UF actually showed up to compete.

I agree, we were at home and we were getting the ball back. No way we should have quit. But we did and the rest is history.

if we can beat the ducks it will sling shot us up in the top 25 and get the fan base to believe again

That's a big "IF" at this point.

Tennessee is having to deal with changes in schemes, yet again. The defense should be improved and able to somewhat or should I say hopefully slow down the Oregon offense or at least be aggressive and force turnovers.

However, if the inexperience of the offense begins to show and they fail to score points in the red zone or capitalize on the Oregon mistakes, then IMO Oregon will win handily.

The games are played on the field, not on paper so anything can happen.

VN Store

Back