Awaiting is Not Easy for Citrus moment

Vol4gzus

Hopefully we can play within our abilities and notch a W in Orlando. I'm thinking losing 3 offensive weapons may be seen,but we may be pleasantly surprised by the replacements. Thinking Nico as a quicker processor may negate the Iowa defense. If running game is 3-4 yards per carry we should win this by 7-10 points. Possibly more.

Last edited:
I think this game runs much deeper than win or lose with getting a lot of youth experience, but I would definitely prefer a win. Either way GBO 🍊!!
The local talking heads scared me a bit this morning detailing all the injury and opt outs for each team 19 for us 10 for them, but when translated to plays run by those players this season we are losing like 5700 plays and them 1600. Don't have a clue how that translates to our abilities being that much greener.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Hopefully we can play within our abilities and notch a W in Orlando. I'm thinking losing 3 offensive weapons may be be seen,but we may be pleasantly surprised by the replacements. Thinking Nico as a quicker processor may negate the Iowa defense. If running game is 3-4 yards per carry we should win this by 7-10 points. Possibly more.
Quicker processor but his first start ever and it wont be garbage time. Playing against an experienced defense. Hope I’m wrong but I’m going in with low expectations. I’m hoping we’ll get some turnovers and make our field goals. It’s going to be a Neyland game, not a Heupel game.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Quicker processor but his first start ever and it wont be garbage time. Playing against an experienced defense. Hope I’m wrong but I’m going in with low expectations. I’m hoping we’ll get some turnovers and make our field goals. It’s going to be a Neyland game, not a Heupel game.
Thus my saying 7-10 spread/difference.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing, but...

where did this idea come from that Nico (in one year) is a quicker processor than Joe (after 3 years)?
Coaching staff? A teammate? Opposing coaching staff?

I'll be thrilled if it's true, but I'm suspicious that it's one of those things someone posts, then it gets repeated, until it's "an accepted truth" on Volnation. And then, when on-the-field reality doesn't match our on-the-forum reality, people get angry and depressed and start slinging accusations against either the player or the coaches.

Watch him go through progressions. You could see,apparently, he appeared to be going through them and ball out quicker. His package also,in fairness to Joe, probably smaller.

I am going in with lessened expectations. I think we win as we are the more talented team, but it will be closer as I think Nico struggles finding the open receiver (just because it is his first start).

where did this idea come from that Nico (in one year) is a quicker processor than Joe (after 3 years)?

I'll be thrilled if it's true, but I'm suspicious that it's one of those things someone posts, then it gets repeated, until it's "an accepted truth" on Volnation. And then, when on-the-field reality doesn't match our on-the-forum reality, people get angry and depressed and start slinging accusations against either the player or the coaches.
I think it’s intangible. May not be quicker processing than Joebut just one of those gamer type dudes that plays better when the lights are on and unafraid (Dobbs comes to mind). I think that’s what fans are expecting win or lose. Love Joe but he was a system qb and hardly ever improvised.

The thing I'm expecting/hoping Nico to do better is extend plays and improvise. In my opinion, that was Milton's biggest weakness. He never had great instincts when plays were breaking down. I think Nico has to be better at that aspect of quarterbacking.

I am going in with lessened expectations. I think we win as we are the more talented team, but it will be closer as I think Nico struggles finding the open receiver (just because it is his first start).
You have to remember that Nico was usually playing against the third string by the time he came into the game.

Are they using the helmet coms? Won’t that let the coach help Niko with pre snap reads and check offs? I know nothing about how that works.
Greatest concern for me is the 8 DBs we’ve lost. While not good, evidently they were better than what’s left and that’s scary. Hopefully Iowa’s offense is as bad as advertised.

Reactions: stewart6600
A lot of green guys running around against a good defense.. Usually not a recipe for success.. Tim Bank's defensive backfield was already underwhelming, and now they have to play the guys that couldn't beat them out. I'm not sure exactly why Tennessee is favored in this game. Iowa's offense is god awful is all I can come up with..

Like that ever happens on here! We never just take a post as gospel, how ridiculous! Now I'm going to forget you said that, and go back to tracking planes, and see if gruden is in Knoxville tomorrow 🤣

Hopefully we can play within our abilities and notch a W in Orlando. I'm thinking losing 3 offensive weapons may be seen,but we may be pleasantly surprised by the replacements. Thinking Nico as a quicker processor may negate the Iowa defense. If running game is 3-4 yards per carry we should win this by 7-10 points. Possibly more.
He is from what I have seen. That is very crucial and will pay dividends for us, especially over the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: Vol4gzus

VN Store

Back