Awaiting is Not Easy for Citrus moment

Are they using the helmet coms? Won’t that let the coach help Niko with pre snap reads and check offs? I know nothing about how that works.
Greatest concern for me is the 8 DBs we’ve lost. While not good, evidently they were better than what’s left and that’s scary. Hopefully Iowa’s offense is as bad as advertised.
I very easily could be wrong here but the helmet coms are only for play calling and all communication must stop when the play clock gets to 15 seconds…or something to that effect. I would bet Iowa’s very experienced defense will be changing looks all the way up to the snap.
Again…I feel like I heard or read that somewhere recently regarding the helmet communication. I may be totally wrong.

I'm not sure what I just read in this thread with talk of processors and comparing Nico and Joe's packages.

Don't know that I want to know either 😅

I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing, but...

where did this idea come from that Nico (in one year) is a quicker processor than Joe (after 3 years)?
Coaching staff? A teammate? Opposing coaching staff?

I'll be thrilled if it's true, but I'm suspicious that it's one of those things someone posts, then it gets repeated, until it's "an accepted truth" on Volnation. And then, when on-the-field reality doesn't match our on-the-forum reality, people get angry and depressed and start slinging accusations against either the player or the coaches.
I think most assume that Joe was a slow processor. Time will tell. But, one must consider that with all the giftedness he possessed, the one thing that held him back was either an immaturity and overly laid back kid presence, the inability to think through the game as quickly as needed, or a true lack of competitive drive. Or...a combination of those three. I think football was fun for Joe...but I saw all three of those manifest themselves in him at UT. Thankful for his time here FWIW.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing, but...

where did this idea come from that Nico (in one year) is a quicker processor than Joe (after 3 years)?
Coaching staff? A teammate? Opposing coaching staff?

I'll be thrilled if it's true, but I'm suspicious that it's one of those things someone posts, then it gets repeated, until it's "an accepted truth" on Volnation. And then, when on-the-field reality doesn't match our on-the-forum reality, people get angry and depressed and start slinging accusations against either the player or the coaches.

I cant say about processing because Im sure he had less packages to think of but for certain Nico has shown 10x the pocket awareness that Milton has.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I think it’s intangible. May not be quicker processing than Joebut just one of those gamer type dudes that plays better when the lights are on and unafraid (Dobbs comes to mind). I think that’s what fans are expecting win or lose. Love Joe but he was a system qb and hardly ever improvised.
Right ?!? Good post

VN Store

Back