Back in the day Fulmer did something unique

yeah, this is true. i remember radio shows talking about. they were offensive players with a defensive mindset and they were very aggressive. wasn't John Henderson initially a defensive guy?

He was a defensive guy during his first trip to college, and his first NFL career. No word on what he plans for the future.

Several WRs were converted to world class corners. Terry McDaniel (pre- Fulmer) and Jonathan Wade for example.
Terry McDaniel was one bad dude! He could fly. I remember we played miss st one year and their full back busted a run up the gut and looked like he was running for a touchdown and then McDaniel comes from out of the TV screen and runs in behind him and strips the ball from him and takes off the other way before getting tackled. That was the first possession of the game and it was all UT after that.

Fulmer is the greatest coach of our lifetime! Had we just given him a sabbatical, we would not have been in the doldrums of the past 15 years! Would have been at least a consistent 9 win season coach. Compare that against what we have averaged!

Terry McDaniel was one bad dude! He could fly. I remember we played miss st one year and their full back busted a run up the gut and looked like he was running for a touchdown and then McDaniel comes from out of the TV screen and runs in behind him and strips the ball from him and takes off the other way before getting tackled. That was the first possession of the game and it was all UT after that.
He ran down a Vandy rb like that in ‘85 if I recall correctly.

That was the first time tennessee played in starkville since The General coached. He vowed to never play there again.

I remember back in the day running backs were what Chavis wanted at LB sideline to sideline.. I sure do miss the days of Raynock Thompson Al Wilson and Westmoreland I believe all three played RB in high school.. I know for sure Wilson did..

Westmoreland was running back in h.s. at south Pitt or Marion Co. He was also a good baseball player as well.

Just wanted to dive in here to talk @ transition w y'all. It makes champions ya know!

Attachments

• LIA_THOMAS_3.0.jpeg
    LIA_THOMAS_3.0.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
I remember back in the day running backs were what Chavis wanted at LB sideline to sideline.. I sure do miss the days of Raynock Thompson Al Wilson and Westmoreland I believe all three played RB in high school.. I know for sure Wilson did..

Westmoreland was running back in h.s. at south Pitt or Marion Co. He was also a good baseball player as well.
Westmoreland was RB at Marion County. Eddie Moore was a RB at S.Pittsburg who played LB at Tn.

VN Store

Back