Bama's new coach named - Kalen DeBoer

Yahoo Sports says Kalen De Boer
statefarm-khakis.gif

He's a good coach and we knew that they would land a good coach. That being said, the pressure with coming in after Saban is insane. I wouldn't want to inherit the program right now. Any more than one or two losses next season and the gumps will be losing their minds.

Reactions: NEO and LibertyVol
He's a good coach and we knew that they would land a good coach. That being said, the pressure with coming in after Saban is insane. I wouldn't want to inherit the program right now. Any more than one or two losses next season and the gumps will be losing their minds.
I agree. If they end up running him off then they may end up in the coaching carasel which is a disaster. Just ask Tennessee.

Reactions: rocketskates
I agree. If they end up running him off then they may end up in the coaching carasel which is a disaster. Just ask Tennessee.

Bama chasing off DeBoer after a few seasons and then ending up wading through scrubs Tennessee style would bring me so much joy. I don't think that their athletics department is as inept as some of the goofs we've had the last 15 years though.

I'm wondering how the whole thing with Saban still having an office there in Tuscaloosa so he can sometimes yell at players and DeBoer can seek advice, how that will work out? Is there going to be meddling and second guessing everything Deboer does? That's what I hope to see. Strife, meddling and confusion on leadership.

That's not French, brother. oe is not a vowel combination you often see en francais, unless imported from an eastern neighbor (*cough* deutschland). "Oe" is usually an anglicization of ö (o-umlaut) from the germanic languages.
Dutch or Flemish all day.

IMG_3414.jpegDoes this look like he’s giving a eulogy to anyone else?

Just me? Wishful thinking? K.

Bammer roster getting raided in the portal. Saban sticking around to meddle with the program. DeBoer with zero connections or experience in the SEC. Mediocre starting QB. Auburn and Tennessee have a pulse now. Ridiculous schedule on top of those 2 in 2024 (UT, AU plus OU, LSU, UGA and Wisconsin). Could be the recipe for a disaster. If y’all want to crown the new head gump, go ahead. Until he hoists a Playoff or SEC championship trophy, I don’t buy into him.

The bar is set at an impossible height. Saban came in during a perfect storm. Ga was down, we were down and Tim Tebow only had a few years of eligibility. We hired poorly, then fl did too. Usc was down as their coach bailed for the NFL and left them in a mess and Notre Dam went down too. Threats to a championship weren’t strong and the portal didn’t exist yet. Now the SEC is a bloodbath, the tourney is 12, and the portal means you can’t just sit players and let them develop and the top players can leave for more money. No team is going to be able to do what Bama did ever again. Bama expects championships every freaking year. Good luck with that!!!! If the AD doesn’t temper expectations, he is gone in year 3/4.

Reactions: rocketskates
Seems like a very solid hire. In some sense, Bama taking a step back without completely falling off a cliff may be the most ideal outcome from a Vol fan perspective. I’d really like to see the TSIO rivalry itself return to its former glory. Alabama dropping back to it’s pre-Saban level would make future wins over them more about their downfall, rather than UT’s rise.

VN Store

Back