Baron and Walker allegedly kick off team, Louisville

This is why people shouldn't go into freak out mode if one of our guys goes into the portal. The reason why in each of these cases (although different) was understood at the time.

Not to say that nothing bad could ever happen. But Heup, Barnes, and Vitello, who are all very smart, have proven to be expert in managing NIL and the portal. It's been a big advantage for us. Despite many fans acting like it's the end of the world.
True. I started a thread about our portal losses several weeks ago titled “Who do you miss”. Bottom line, since the Pruitt exodus, there have been less than half a dozen players that were a significant loss. Thus far, for UT, the portal has been great - we have acquired some needed pieces and we have parted ways with guys that needed to move for PT as well as a few guys that did not fit.

What did you think was going to happen after handing a money hungry player a bag? Louisville simply learned what happens when you spend outside your budget on a player while paying everyone else ruce and beans.

I'm guessing his nil is a lot more at Miami. And that seems to be his main priority m...
One thing is certain. He's planted a lot of doubt in the minds of the NFL teams. Not sure too many coaches would want to try and incorporate a personality like this into the locker room. He ain't THAT good.

This one is just a huge head scratcher. Had one more season at UT as a presumptive starter and a great chance of being drafted from a team that should be competing for the SEC East.

I just truly do not understand this one. I don't

Reactions: JlorVol
Glad neither player is still with the team. Maybe CJH also gave them the boot.
Not really. Both Baron and walker thought they could get better deals in portal. I’ll let you connect the dots on why a family member or friend would think that. We’ve battled to keep Baron a few years in the past; it’s a complicated relationship. I don’t think either are bad kids, they just want to get paid and they have someone in their ear steering them away from Tennessee.

Basically a third party had orchestrated an NIL deal for a few players that went to Louisville. Kids talk and it didn’t look good to Brohm. At least those are the rumors and probably they’re pretty close to accurate.

This one is just a huge head scratcher. Had one more season at UT as a presumptive starter and a great chance of being drafted from a team that should be competing for the SEC East.

Some people are a legend in their own mind.

If that’s how Brohm handles a little locker room bragging, he won’t be long for this new world of college football. Baron really is a good kid. Walker, too.

Bad wiring and/or influences....llkely both.

If that’s how Brohm handles a little locker room bragging, he won’t be long for this new world of college football. Baron really is a good kid. Walker, too.

Why? This is what causes issues within any situation where a group of people have to work together for the greater good of the group.

Maybe he doesn't want the drama ruining his team chemistry. I'm going to guess they are exposing themselves.... enjoy your downward spiral

Reactions: volfan102455

Playing opposite of JP who would be absorbing most of the double teaming. Head scratcher indeed.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I stated this earlier regarding Barron - I understand not wishing the guy bad luck, but there was (is) ZERO reason to root for the guy. He kept playing the whole “I might transfer” angle while he was here. He clearly didn’t feel any loyalty to his teammates in Knoxville. Good riddance.

Personally, this could be one of the stronger signs of a positive culture change led by Coach Heupel. They likely recognized that Barron, despite his talent, was going to continue to be an influence counter to what this program is trying to build. And, therefore, didn’t see the value in trying to get Barron whatever ridiculous NIL deal he was looking for.

Again, good riddance.

Just plain old fashioned greed... What is really strange is having to move when you're already settled in, and one more year to go... Money isn't everything, 1 more year making really good money in a place where you're familiar with and you've lived your whole life vs moving (with Baron it's been a few times) and having to settle in somewhere else with people you don't know is where I struggle to understand his decision...I don't know Tyler but being he made this decision over purely money when he had a smoother way to the next level here I have to question him as a person and i can say I'm glad he's gone and good luck

If the team policy is to not share your NIL deal and you choose to blab about it in the locker room then Brohm’s decision seems perfectly reasonable.

Maybe he doesn't want the drama ruining his team chemistry. I'm going to guess they are exposing themselves.... enjoy your downward spiral
People can disagree on an internet message board without it inciting a downward spiral. I'm simply saying that if Brohm is going to kick kids off the team for encouraging others to try and maximize their NIL opportunities, he's going to fail, for sure. I'd say the same thing about Dabo's stubbornness. As REO Speedwagon once said, "Roll with the changes....baby!"

People can disagree on an internet message board without it inciting a downward spiral. I'm simply saying that if Brohm is going to kick kids off the team for encouraging others to try and maximize their NIL opportunities, he's going to fail, for sure. I'd say the same thing about Dabo's stubbornness. As REO Speedwagon once said, "Roll with the changes....baby!"
Have you worked in the world of commission? The high earners are the top dogs.. everyone knows they make the big commission checks; BUT it’s not their place to rub it into the ones working and making less. It causes friction. Sometimes you are better off cutting an A player to save the rest of the squad.

One hair in a plate of food ruins the dish.

Have you worked in the world of commission? The high earners are the top dogs.. everyone knows they make the big commission checks; BUT it’s not their place to rub it into the ones working and making less. It causes friction. Sometimes you are better off cutting an A player to save the rest of the squad.

One hair in a plate of food ruins the dish.
I have. I work very heavily in the world of NIL. I was at the On3 Elite event in Nashville this week, and I was a presenter. I spoke with parents of the top 50 recruits in the country about NIL.
The article said he was kicked off the team for encouraging teammates to maximize their opportunities. If that's all there was to it, there are so many other ways that it could have been handled. Again, I know Tyler personally, and he's a good kid. I can't imagine that he would have been opposed to a professional conversation with his coach about how to move forward.

VN Store

Back